Blue Devils - Great Job

Great job Devils ( B Corps too). I loved your shows.

I look forward to you guys bringing the championship back to California next year! :worthy::worthy:

Congrats to BD for a wonderful season. You sold a very difficult show concept, both in execution and idea. Every time I watched it appreciated it a little more.

I feel for Devils. It reminds me of long distance runs in athletics where an individual leads the race all the way round but is pipped at the finish. Everyone works just as hard in the race but the person in the lead has to think at some stage 'surely I've done enough to deserve this' - not the way it works though.

haven't been a fan of recent Devils shows but Absurdity breaks the trend. Definitely going to get rewatched many, many times. Well done guys but Phantom just had something extra special this year.

I too feel for the kids. You kick butt all season and end up "losing" on the last day. It reminds me of 1988 when BD had an awesome show and was blowing everyone away all season and end up 3rd in Finals.

Nothing to hang your heads about this year. 2nd place is nothing to sneeze at. I know a lot of corps that would love to be in 2nd place in the world.

Perhaps it's a good thing that the Olympics are going on at the moment. Just look at the folks with silver medals around their necks on the podiums. Sure they would have loved to be wearing a gold medal, but they aren't stomping their feet and kicking and screaming while they're up there.

You did the Blue Devils proud and carried on their tradition of excellence.

No matter what happens... WEST is the BEST!

Good job from BD, SCV, and all of the other sick California corps...

Open letter to all Blue Devils from a Phantom Regiment alum and honk!

I just wanted to say that the show this year was the most fun production of the year, and I smiled and laughed throughout both times that I saw it! I honestly thought in Denton that it would be hard for anyone to catch the corps, and it was.

"Absurdity" was the perfect vehicle for BD to shine, and brought that certain element of what BD is to the field, finally, after all those years of being relegated to pre-show warm up's ("California Girls") and post show retreat. If another of your California brethren didn't already own the term, I would say "Too Cool BD"--cuz it was!

And quite frankly, let me be the first to say (that I have seen, at least) that I believe a tie was in order. I mean, it was for all intents and purposes, as any sub caption judge placing PR 0.1 lower in any sub caption awards the title to BD--just astounding! And I think that it would have been very appropriate as well, with BD and PR tying for PR's first crown 12 years ago. Heck, you guys could have even gone first this time!!

It is ironic to compare the top 4 from this year with the top 4 of 2006, as most agree that just about any of those corps could have taken it on finals night of their respective year. And just as in 2006, it just wasn't BD's night, at least on the judges sheets. But I maintain that a different judging panel both nights and perhaps BD has 14 titles now!

Don't worry, you're going to win your fair share of titles as far as the eye can see! BD is about the top organization off the field on the business side, etc, and that fact translates to its records on the field. I have always maintained that if you want to win captions, you have to go through BD to do so, ever since the masterful undefeated season of 1994, which I got to witness as a competing, touring member of Phantom Regiment. 94 PR was one of the finest, most talented groups that our organization has ever assembled, yet we were simply blown away by the total package of the blue team.

So know that this PR honk is always watching BD with admiration, and just a little bit of--dare I say?--GREEN envy! I completely enjoyed your show this year, and await with great antici.........................PATION! next year's!

Way to go Blue Devils--you were danged sure ready this time!

Sincerely,

DS