Terrible version of America

You don't have to apologize to me. I had a GREAT Drum Corps experience with a great Corps.

Loyalty, honor, ah screw it...mom's got the car packed, see ya'!

Sounds like it.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to apologize to me. I had a GREAT Drum Corps experience with a great Corps.

That apparently didn't include getting driven home as part of the corps after finals.

Not saying anything judgmental about that, just it's different than what I (and many others) experienced...

5) Madison's bass line. Not really what the purpose of that was, but hardcore!! Can someone PLEASE find out and tell me what the guy said to them before they finally picked up and left.

That's all.

Back during the day of full retreats every show, bass lines used to have a competition called the "slow race" Last bass line out to their retreat block wins.

Loyalty, honor, ah screw it...mom's got the car packed, see ya'!

Sounds like it.

Your ability to twist peoples words around is amazing. Ever tried a career in politics? I understand what Honor and Loyalty is. I served my country as U.S Marine and I marched in a great Drum Corps that was big on teaching us these values as well. I don't appreciate you implying that the organazation that I was a part of during my Drum Corps experience had no honor or loyalty. All I did was ask what corps director is going to pull a kid aside after the season is over and make him or her do pushups? The idea seems silly to me no matter how mad I would be at the individual. If you disagree..thats great.........but don't bring the Corps I marched with into OUR argument by insinuating that we weren't taught these things. I rarley post on these forums mainly because of people like you that like to mix peoples words around and not only attack them personally, but their Corps that they marched with as well.

Retreat has been so trivialized at shows over the last 15 years, it doesn't matter to those kids what goes on there. It just doesn't. I'm not saying it's good or bad. It just IS. They have no idea what a full corps retreat from 20 years ago looks/sounds/feels like.

Should they? Not for me to say...or for anyone else, for that matter, who isn't presently marching in a corps.

Edited by rodicus

Your ability to twist peoples words around is amazing. Ever tried a career in politics? I understand what Honor and Loyalty is. I served my country as U.S Marine and I marched in a great Drum Corps that was big on teaching us these values as well. I don't appreciate you implying that the organazation that I was a part of during my Drum Corps experience had no honor or loyalty. All I did was ask what corps director is going to pull a kid aside after the season is over and make him or her do pushups? The idea seems silly to me no matter how mad I would be at the individual. If you disagree..thats great.........but don't bring the Corps I marched with into OUR argument by insinuating that we weren't taught these things. I rarley post on these forums mainly because of people like you that like to mix peoples words around and not only attack them personally, but their Corps that they marched with as well.

Trust me, the fact that you served in the Marines did not escape me.

No I have never considered a career in politics, I have too much self respect.

I actually assumed that you understood that the director would not "pull a kid aside after the season is over and make him or her do pushups", my experience was that the director would have had the entire corps doing push-ups.

Finally, I never implied that your corps had no honor or loyalty, simply that if you felt any towards your corps...you'd drop and do push-ups.

Cavies actually walked the entire corps by Phantom giving them handshakes, hugs, and high fives. Blue Devils turned their backs to Phantom. So yeah, I guess the Cavies are completely classless.

Cavies were arguably classless toward BD, with some mocking their tightrope moves and pretending to faint when the silver medal was announced. OTOH, they showed a great deal of respect toward Phantom. I'm not sure you can tell how much class an organization has by how members comport themselves durng retreat, though, since it's become a once-a year occurrance.

It's time to decide what retreat should be. If your idea of what retreat should be was what PR and Cadets were doing, then they blew it. If you think it's one last time for the members to have fun together, etc. then it was acceptable. And if you feel the latter is unacceptable, was it also unacceptable for Will Pitts to play dead? (I personally thought it was kicka--.) Or we could kill Finals retreat entirely. What's the difference since they don't play themselves off anymore.

As for America, the arrangement sucks but that's besides the point. Either perform it right or don't do it.

Edited by Phillygwm

Cavies were arguably classless toward BD, with some mocking their tightrope moves and pretending to faint when the silver medal was announced. OTOH, they showed a great deal of respect toward Phantom.

You apparently didn't see the Cavaliers cheering the Blue Devils from the end zone on Friday night.

did i miss the part where you can put blame on BD other than the title of the vid?