Terrible version of America

America the Beautiful/O Canada used to bring tears to my eyes & stir great emotions.... And I honestly don't think it was because of the o Canada part. It was a wonderful stirring arrangement and I really do not like this new one. :worthy:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haah this topic is going no where. its just a bunch of people complaining about one song at the very end of the season. their kids jeez, and goofing off is probably what they do best, i know cause i am a kid... and besides its the last thing they get to do together, and after 3months of constantly seeking perfection, isnt it nice to just compeletly screw up and do something dare i say it wrong?

this should be closed. IMO

That is exactly the opposite of how I felt at the end of the summer when I marched.

We were taught that constantly seeking perfection isn't something you do for 3 months and then stop doing just because the season is over.

Talking to a friend who was on the field last night, most of the bad sounds came from another corps in blue that has been mentioned here. They were also doing some other disgusting things during retreat, before america. Oh well...I remember the same thing back when i had retreat (not from this corps though)...its nothing new. At least BD and cavies were funny with their antics....

Edited by salad315

haah this topic is going no where. its just a bunch of people complaining about one song at the very end of the season. their kids jeez, and goofing off is probably what they do best, i know cause i am a kid... and besides its the last thing they get to do together, and after 3months of constantly seeking perfection, isnt it nice to just compeletly screw up and do something dare i say it wrong?

this should be closed. IMO

And you expect to march scouts with that attitude?? IIRC, scouts are among the ######, no messing around kind of retreat attitude. If you cant stand still for a few minutes and play right notes, you might want to think about trying out somewhere else

Tell that to the thousands who have donned a military uniform for the United States, and also the thousands who died so we can freely post on sites such as DCP without fear of anything!

Just a song? That may be your opinion, but to an overwhelming majority, it's a lot more than that!

OK then, freely post (bicker) about why BD, or BK, or whoever, has no class and should be wiped off the face of the earth. I know it's good to be patriotic and all but dear God, it's not worth all this nonsense.

so your attacking me for just pointing out that they are kids 16-22, and they just finished 3months of being away from family, other friends, and maybe they just want to act that way?

i never said anything about it being acceptable or excusable, cause i listened to the videos at least 3 times and thought "wow someone is going to get a nice talking to"