Things you would like Corps to change for next year...

I would like to see Scouts go back to white pants, after seeing blue stars make finals i would like to see those pants from last year come back, and finally xmen should go back to red uni accents.

alright just a few things i thought would be cool to change for next season.

Post things:

-that you would think would be cool that a corps did.

-give props to things they did this year that you would like to return for next year.

-things you wish corps would bring back out of the closet.

-and anything you think could fit under this topic

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Props to BK for having the dots on their uniforms. They should definitely return with them still on.

Cadets: NO NARRATION (or at least learn how to use it effectively...have someone from Bluecoats give Hop some instruction)

Now that THAT one's outta da way...

BK: Keep the dots....even the fairly small size they were, PLEASE keep them (just try to pick some music we can enjoy??)

BD: White shako plumes....keep them!

Regiment: Uhhh....nope.....don' change a thing....bring more of what you had this year!! (well...maybe the gold trim, but that was fairly show specific) (Lotsa luck topping yourselves, tho...a task I do NOT envy!)

Bluecoats: More brass hits like that side 2 block please....GOD that was glorious in the theater...if I ever get the CDs I'llprobably just crank THAT out my car windows for weeks!

Crown....like Regiment, change nothing....the last 2 years have been spectacular....but you might need to assasinate your way into the top three (talk to Regiment's DM...he can loan you the knife)

Cavies: More horn book please??? Fantastic drill, but I wanna hear more brass work.

Madison: White pants and a different shade of green....then you'd never have to change your unis ever AGAIN. Probably the best melding of classic look and new design, truly.....loved it (welcome back, by the way!)

Blue Stars: Welcome back to you as well! 08 worked well for you...change nothing.

Cadets- So obvious I'm not even going to say itanything

Phantom- Back in black playing Symphonie Phantastique, please!

BD- The uni grew on me over the season. Ummm... A how about a return to some old-school jazz?

Crown- Don't change a thing!

Blue Stars- Dark blue plumes, please. Other than that, see "Crown' above.

BK- Liked the mini dots... but please bring back the big version!

SCV- Keep doing what you're doing. It'll get there. Bring back the white bucks?

Scouts- Please no white "t-shirts next year. That's all I'm gonna say. :tongue:

That's all for now

Cadets: NO NARRATION (or at least learn how to use it effectively...have someone from Bluecoats give Hop some instruction)

Now that THAT one's outta da way...

BK: Keep the dots....even the fairly small size they were, PLEASE keep them (just try to pick some music we can enjoy??)

BD: White shako plumes....keep them!

Regiment: Uhhh....nope.....don' change a thing....bring more of what you had this year!! (well...maybe the gold trim, but that was fairly show specific) (Lotsa luck topping yourselves, tho...a task I do NOT envy!)

Bluecoats: More brass hits like that side 2 block please....GOD that was glorious in the theater...if I ever get the CDs I'llprobably just crank THAT out my car windows for weeks!

Crown....like Regiment, change nothing....the last 2 years have been spectacular....but you might need to assasinate your way into the top three (talk to Regiment's DM...he can loan you the knife)

Cavies: More horn book please??? Fantastic drill, but I wanna hear more brass work.

Madison: White pants and a different shade of green....then you'd never have to change your unis ever AGAIN. Probably the best melding of classic look and new design, truly.....loved it (welcome back, by the way!)

Blue Stars: Welcome back to you as well! 08 worked well for you...change nothing.

I have to agree.

More operatic, dramatic shows like Regiment's Spartacus!

More melody and less A.D.D.!

Hot jazz from the Blue Devils, and no absurbity please!

Sultry Southern jazz from Spirit!

Cadets, this time, perhaps the envelope-push did not work so well. I loved your past straight-up shows. Please blow us away with Bernstein!

I would like to see more white. I can't remember when it became the standard to wear so much black, i.e. pants, shoes, gloves.

I would also love to see the drum majors conduct (and maybe this is too old school) with more passion. They don't have to go back to marking time while they conduct but it would be great to see more body motions especially when the corps crescendo and decrescendo and in their beat patterns.

Amongst the fans (including myself, because I have been known to go there too..LOL) I would like to see everyone just enjoy all the corps performances, both open and world class, and not get so...well you know...because all those young performers work very hard all season creating those riveting and sometimes controversial performances that keep it interesting.