Things you would like Corps to change for next year...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets - keep the drill, keep the horn book, clean the percussion and lose the narration. I want you to make me regret not having a child to throw on the field next year.

BD - keep that unbelievable color guard going (and it looks like you will with only 5 age-outs), but leave the running/sprinting for the Olympics.

Cavies - keep Gaines (like you'd ever get rid of him), but please stop putting your horns down on the field to do synchronized tumbling exercises. And for the love... you have one of the most balanced and gorgeous sounds in DCI... PLAY MORE!

Phantom - keep doing what you're doing.

Crown - see Phantom.

Maybe a whole new look for my beloved corps. (nobody panic, it's just a sketch from Stanbury's website. But... I kinda like it.)

Yes, I know most of this has been said:

BD- bring back the jazzy stuff see: 2002-2004

Cadets- please please please make this Bernstein program like your past ones.

Cavvies- maybe a little bit more demanding of a brass book, but i really liked their show after seeing it in person

SCV- maybe a theme thats not so "out there"

Bloo/Crown/Phantom- Keep doin what your doin.

Crossmen- yes, go back to the red accents, then white accents on the DM uni.

Maybe a whole new look for my beloved corps. (nobody panic, it's just a sketch from Stanbury's website. But... I kinda like it.)

I like that a lot too.

Cadets - keep the drill, keep the horn book, clean the percussion and lose the narration. I want you to make me regret not having a child to throw on the field next year.

BD - keep that unbelievable color guard going (and it looks like you will with only 5 age-outs), but leave the running/sprinting for the Olympics.

Cavies - keep Gaines (like you'd ever get rid of him), but please stop putting your horns down on the field to do synchronized tumbling exercises. And for the love... you have one of the most balanced and gorgeous sounds in DCI... PLAY MORE!

Phantom - keep doing what you're doing.

Crown - see Phantom.

Only ammendment is I would tell Crown to just keep on doing what they are doing.

I love them the way they are, no need to see Phantom :)

Phantom Regiment: :cool: Change nothing!! Maybe, just maybe, bring back you're all black uniforms. I miss those days

Blue Devils: I loved the look you had this year. I can't really think of anything to change.

Cavaliers: Like other people have said, more horn book. I admit that I love the visuals, and the drumline, but when you guys play, it sounds SWEET!

Carolina Crown: Nothing really needs to be changed. I'd like to see a change in tone possibly. Try a topic that is mean, and hard-hitting, more in-your-face. That may be what you'll need next year to break the top 3, or even win!

Cadets: I bet you're thinking that I'm going to say take the narration out. Not necessarily. I actually don't mind the narration as much as everyone else does. But, there's something different about this year's narration, and show in general, compared to 2007. Unlike "This I Believe", the narration and story line of "Pursuit of Happiness" didn't really fit the visual, and the music. The show looked like it was all pulled out of George Hopkins' butt at the last minute. So, yes, taking the narration out would definitely be good, but if you use it, make sure it all fits together.

Bluecoats: I don't know what needs to be changed, if anything. You guys are awesome. I do miss the white pants, though.

SCV: The show this year was something that I would never imagine the Vanguard would ever do. Sure, the visual was excellent, and music was good. I don't know. It just didn't have the..."oomph"....that "Eureka" had.

Blue Stars: I was a little disappointed that you ditched the trademark helmet for the traditional marching hat. Please bring that back. Other than that, you guys are looking, and sounding, superb!

Blue Knights: Love it.

Boston Crusaders: I've always loved their look. But this year's show? It was okay. They had their theme, but no real theatrics to the theme. Nothing really special. I don't really know what they can change, though.

Glassmen: A HUGE step in the right direction for Glassmen. It was a great show that really tied together very well. It's a shame they had to be beat by the Crusaders. Oh well.

Madison Scouts: WELCOME BACK, CYMBAL LINE!! Keep it, this time!! Loved the show. Bring back some of you're old stuff! Malaguena, anyone?

eeshhhh! I don't like it one bit! If they'd just go back to the grey pants I'd be happy! One of the things I like about Troopers is that their unis are very distinct from everyone else. Also, not many cavalry units wore aussies.

ok, am I the only one who thinks Blue Stars look goofy in shakos?

Bring back the helmets!

The only problem I have is with the plume. I think a dark blue plume would change the whole look and match up better with the new uni.

I would like to see"all" of the corps play ATB the way it was written and intended to be played,...or not play it at all.

What a lack of respect not only for the song and arrangement, but also to the activity.

Those who chose to "hot dog" it up were an embarrassment to themselves and the corps they represent.