Things you would like Corps to change for next year...

I hope the Cadets do so much narration I pis$ blood,

LMFAO x2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phantom regiment: perfect

blue devils: play jazz, have some class

cavaliers: play music, have some class

carolina crown: perfect, though i agree with the purple plume idea

cadets: based on the announcements for next year... perfect

bluecoats: i wish i didn't have to say this, but have some class... also, white pants and helmet

scv: have a full show at the beginning of the season... very classy corps, just do better work next year :thumbup:

blue stars: old uniform, imo... up your percussion

blue knights: see cavaliers

finally, madison scouts: white pants, not sure on the tuxedo shirt thing idea... good luck, control your bass drummers

EDIT: forgot to address dci as a whole. have retreats at regionals so we can end the travesty that finals retreat has become. bring back some semblance of tradition and respect.

Please explain what you mean by suggesting "have some class." Just curious!

When I marched, the Cadets still used the safety pin uniforms. I just saw a picture of their current uniforms the other day; my first time seeing them so close. I was really disappointed. Gauntlets that look like the piping on the sleeves? Why not just have the piping on the sleeves? The wrist shows either way. And the gold sash looked better when it covered the jacket. Not vice versa.

Oh well, times change.

You must have looked at the wrong picture because Cadets don't have guantlets anymore. They have gone back to the "traditional" uniform.

Anyways,

Cadets: No more narration. I love you guys no matter what, but I am tired of hearing people focus more negatively on the narration as opposed to how great you usually are.

Everyone else: Nothing really as I'm really not bothered by anything. Just keep the great competitive shows coming.

Cavaliers-

Pioneer- Less Celtic

YOU FORGOT TO FILL ONE OUT AND YOU KNOW PIO WILL NEVER PLAY A NON CELTIC SHOW.

When I marched, the Cadets still used the safety pin uniforms. I just saw a picture of their current uniforms the other day; my first time seeing them so close. I was really disappointed. Gauntlets that look like the piping on the sleeves? Why not just have the piping on the sleeves? The wrist shows either way. And the gold sash looked better when it covered the jacket. Not vice versa.

Oh well, times change.

Current picture as in 2003 or 2004??? :thumbup:

Madison- Increase the difficulty of programing.

I'm not trying to be a homer, but this was one of the more difficult shows in DCI this year, particularly the drum feature to the end. I believe what you mean is that they should work hard on making the show seem harder than it really is, which PR and Cavies historically do a great job of, and that Scouts and SVC do not. I'm not trying to knock the difficulty of Phantom or Cavie's show, you don't get into the top five doing stuff that is easy, but it certainly has an effect of being much easier than it looks, and props to them for it. I believe alot of the Scout's drum feature drill (most of which was 4 to 5, with direction changes every 6 counts at 195bpm) effect was lost by the members being so spread out and not really crossing in front of each other and creating that opposing motion that adds alot to the appearance of velocity. Along the same lines, SCV did alot of extended blind moves into non-curvilinear forms, which is very very difficult for only marginal visual effect. These are just examples of how some times corps can cross the line from smart drill writing to just plain hard drill writing.

Edited by MelloPrano

3) SCV - Hire Beddis. Get the drum vibe back. Something!

I think they should be grateful to have Gusseck back to be honest. He worked with Casella in 02 when they took 2nd, was caption head when they took 2nd in 03, and was also caption head win they won drums in 04. And for his first year being back, he did a fine job with a young line.

id like to see a piano in some shows... if BD does a jazz show, a rippin piano part with amp would be AWESOME.

NO MORE NARRARATION! (cadets im talking to you)

scouts... uniform change please.