How many world class corps in 09?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Capital Sound is definitely returning...and we will be Open Class.

We had nearly 50 kids come by our stand at Michigan City and fill out interest cards for next season, and the issues that led to our sudden and late move to "inactive" status are nearly all fixed. More importantly, we have a tremendous amount of members who went elsewhere to march this summer expressing their intention and desire to return.

As far as anyone knows, Magic is dead.

Garry in Vegas

Eloquently put, I must say. Sounds like how my previous relationship ended.

But seriously, it's a shame. Magic had a very entertaining edge about them that's sorely missed. You wonder how a Corps from Disney Territory can get the Mouse to back them, especially with all the brouhaha around the Spirit of Disney award.

Any word on Kiwanis?

Any word on Kiwanis?

The Same word that is on Magic, Suncoast Sound, Florida Wave, Ventures, Academy Musicale, Les Estolies(sp). Sorry to be the bummer of this thread.

So I've heard that Southwind, Capital Sound, and Capital Regiment will be back -- am I correct about that? What about Magic of Orlando? Anybody know of any other announcements? Any corps taking a year off? I seems like we should have several more corps in World Class next year. Yay!

Just as long as we dont lose any this year again... gas prices this year have to have hurt across the board.

Just as long as we dont lose any this year again... gas prices this year have to have hurt across the board.

Not when you're holding over 500,000 buckaroos your alumni corps raised for you.

The Same word that is on Magic, Suncoast Sound, Florida Wave, Ventures, Academy Musicale, Les Estolies(sp). Sorry to be the bummer of this thread.

That is a bummer....

1. Academy

2. Blue Devils

3. Blue Knights

4. Blue Stars

5. Bluecoats

6. Boston Crusaders

7. Cadets

8. Capital Regiment

9. Carolina Crown

10. Cascades

11. Cavaliers

12. Colts

13. Crossmen

14. Glassmen

15. Jersey Surf

16. Madison Scouts

17. Mandarins

18. Pacific Crest

19. Phantom Regiment

20. Pioneer

21. Santa Clara Vanguard

22. Southwind

23. Spartans

24. Spirit

25. Teal Sound

26. Troopers

I think 26 would be awesome, but unlikely.

Based on history, having Capital Regiment, Southwind and Cascades all back in World Class competition seems far-fetched. Prove me wrong!

I don't see Spartans moving up.

But with Jersey Surf and Teal Sound moving up, plus if we get 2/3 "standby" Div.1 corps, we would still have 24 in Quarterfinals, which is great!