FANFARE welcomes Glory of Music

FANFARE Announcement

August 12, 2008

fanfaresm.png

FANFARE is very proud to introduce a new member to it's family, Glory of Music! This new organization has made an impact on DCPI right out of the gate. Their high level commitment to excellence and corps "values" make them a great addition.

Press Release from Glory of Music:

Glory of Music recently completed an extremely successful first season in DCP-I. Glory of Polaris (Division I) made Finals and finished sixth; Glory of Eden (Division II) made Finals and finished second.

Neither of those corps would have been as successful this season without the guidance and encouragement of current FANFARE corps and their directors. Therefore, the staff members at Glory of Music were thrilled and honored when we were asked if we would like to join the FANFARE organization for DCP-I Season XI. We accepted immediately and look forward to performing next season alongside the other FANFARE corps not only as competitors, but siblings.

It is also our pleasure to make the first formal announcement about the creation of Glory of Music's third corps. Glory of Aurora will enter their first season as a FANFARE corps and compete in DCP-I Division III.

The entire Glory of Music Foundation eagerly awaits the start of Season XI and their debuts as FANFARE corps.

-- Brandon Hostrauser, Glory of Music President and Program Coordinator

-- Amaya Soberano, Glory of Polaris (Div. I) Corps Director

-- Alex Wolverton, Glory of Eden (Div. II) Corps Director

-- Donovan Kriske, Glory of Aurora (Div. III) Corps Director

FANFARE continues to be committed to supporting and improving DCPI, including the recruiting and development of new directors and corps. This summer saw a considerable increase in the number of corps and the activity by it's directors which only makes DCPI stronger.

The 10th season of DCPI was also another successful summer for FANFARE with (4) D1, (4) D2, and (5) D3 corps as Finalists.

Current FANFARE Membership

Division I (Champions)

Kosmos (DCPI 1, DCPI VII, DCPI IX)

Mystre (DCPI IV, DCPI V) (inactive)

Star of Jupiter (DCPI VI)

Shadow (DCPI VIII)

Great Lakers

El Gigante

Revelation

Glory of Polaris

Division II (Champions)

Star of Hawaii (DCPI VI, DCPI VII)

Menagarie (DCPI IV) (inactive)

Sun Prairie Swingers

Providence

Nastalgia

Silhouette

Glory of Eden

Division III (Champions)

Enigma (DCPI IV) (inactive)

Nastalgia Percussion Ensemble (DPCI VI)

Cross (DCPI VIII)

Kadence

Port Washington Lights

Shade

Glory of Aurora

Edited by StarOrg

So the Axis of Evil adds another :smile::tongue:

I detect some jealousy in the air... :tongue:

There is one. A very "classy" group called CLASS which is run by my old friend Gary of the Knights. There are others and of course your welcome to start a new group.

Why thank you--YES I think CLASS and Fanfare have become great rivals over the years--CLASS having originated in FDCI and then spanning into several activities including DCPI--I encourage new directors to check out BOTH organizations to see which one fits for them and if neither do, start another rival organization! Although CLASS does now have the WORLD CHAMPION!!!! GO VELOUR KNIGHTS!!!

Although CLASS does now have the WORLD CHAMPION!!!! GO VELOUR KNIGHTS!!!

*grumble*grumble*...freak occurrence...*grumble*mumble*...blind squirrel...*mumble*grumble*

:blink::blink::blink:

*grumble*grumble*...freak occurrence...*grumble*mumble*...blind squirrel...*mumble*grumble*

:cool::cool::cool:

Hey I like "freak occurrences". It was a freak occurence that when I moved to Cali that I went to a Jr. high school whos band directer was a corps alum and happen to be the directer of said B corps, who got me started in this whole mess. So freak occurence have changed my life.......it's all good. :cool:

Plus there have only been 2 multiple winners (in Division 1) so I'm just one of many freak occurances.