All time favorite "Drum Corps Moment".

I have had quite a few awesome moments in drum corps....believe me....but this past week I had a one that will stand out in my life. I finally met George B. formerly of the 27th Lancers. I know, huh. His daughter, who it was also a pleasure to meet, works with the Santa Clara Vanguard organization and I was volunteering.

What an Honor :tongue::smile::smile:

Oh I also met Vic Firth...that was cool too.

• Like 1

Making Finals for the first time with Bayonne in 1976 as a marching member.

Bridgemen 1980 Finals Performance, as an alumnus

Phantom Regiment, August 9, 2008, as a spectator.

Edited by DCIHasBeen

Making finals by 0.1pts my rookie year.

1) Being in the middle of the horn circle when I aged out and the hornline played "Amazing Grace" for me. 2) being in the theater for quarterfinals 2008 to witness "Sparticus". The only 2 times drum corps made me cry.

Watching my son march in Finals this past Saturday. I'll never give up my memories from 16 years of marching, but nothing compares to seeing my son live his dream for the whole family.

Congratuations to you and your family on that one. I marched with your sister in 27th, and had your parents to lean on in my four years of drum corps. I hope they are well, as there is no better example of commitment to the activity as the Bordens.

Too many from my junior corps days, but my new favorite would have to be from this past January, when I was able to play "Ave Maria" and "Bellavia" for the first time with the Freelancers!! :smile:

Edit: Wow, what the @#$% was I thinking? Haywayd, CA 2006: The first show of the season...my then 16-year-old son's first show...and we marched it together. :smile:

For all the thrills from junior corps, nothing will beat marching with my son.

Edited by Jocko the Wonder Llama