All time favorite "Drum Corps Moment".

Immediately after our performance at Whitewater Finals, 1983.

Watching my son march in Finals this past Saturday. I'll never give up my memories from 16 years of marching, but nothing compares to seeing my son live his dream for the whole family.

Congrats Kris.

Dave, I know you must be so proud. I'm sure your parents are thrilled. Did they go to Finals?

Congratuations to you and your family on that one. I marched with your sister in 27th, and had your parents to lean on in my four years of drum corps. I hope they are well, as there is no better example of commitment to the activity as the Bordens.

Very nicely put Stu.

Mine is so miniscule but....

Standing on the field at George J. Vetter Stadium in North Tonawanda, NY winning the "A" Class NT Open title in 1976. That was the last time junior corps meant something to me and probably several other Royal Coachmen alums.

I guess after that was being in DCA finals with the Rochester Crusaders and having the "best friends" in the world. I miss them all and wish I could bee in NY with them. Good luck in Rochester at DCA Championships!!!!

My best moment was in 1998 on retreat at DCA with my wife and 2 of my daughters when we won. It was so great taking pictures of them getting their medals and they took mine too. What a thrill for all of us, for the last time, being together on that field in Allentown.

Congratuations to you and your family on that one. I marched with your sister in 27th, and had your parents to lean on in my four years of drum corps. I hope they are well, as there is no better example of commitment to the activity as the Bordens.

Thanks so much for your post.

Yes, my folks are doing very well. They got to see my son in Allentown and Westminster this year. My sister is now the mother of three boys and living very well in New Rochelle, NY.

Congrats Kris.

Dave, I know you must be so proud. I'm sure your parents are thrilled. Did they go to Finals?

Chris;

I couldn't be more proud. AND he still has five more seasons to march DCI!

My folks are really proud too. They did not make it to Bloomington, but did get to hear the Blue Stars' finals performance over my phone :lol: .

Had several great moments, but two stand out the most. The first is Birmingham 1979 as a member of the Argonne Rebels watching finals from the stands & watching Troopers perform along with all the other great corps :lol: & telling my friends that I would march with them (Troopers) someday & did the very next year. :lol: The second & probably the most memorible was Finals In Montreal 1981, the entire atmosphere was beyond my wildest dreams the competition,retreat & being part of something tremendous. :worthy:

Drum corps as a whole will always bring fond memories to me.

Best moment - 1 second after the final note of the show, inside the horn wedge, 1989 Phantom Regiment.

I marched for 4 years, then taught for 4 years. There are a lot of miles and a lot of shows. Two "sets" of memories stand out.

First. Winning CYO Nationals in 1977 in front of my home crowd. So many great Lancer corps competed before mine, yet somehow we walked off with the trophy. I was also lucky enough to be teaching in 1981, when the corps won their 2nd CYO.

Second. The other memory is Drum Along the Rockies - Mile High Stadium 1976. We beat BD's, and took top drums. I remember the enormous scoreboard flashing with the words "High Drums - 27th Lancers." The other half of this is that I was also teaching 27th in 1980 when we beat BD in Allentown - prelims and finals. I am one of very few people on this earth that can claim they defeated BD both as a marching member and as an instructor of the same corps.

• Like 1