All time favorite "Drum Corps Moment".

There were many great moments for me when I marched BITD and there were many great moments as a spectator during those years as well. The best came many years later with 27th in 1994 when we drove the crowd to insanity and I got to perform with some of my childhood heroes, my contemporaries and those that came after me. At no other time in my marching career did I have the privilege of performing with a corps that had 100% of it's members focus 100% of the time for months on end with one goal in mind. The results speak for themselves. :tongue:

My first major moment was either 1973 or 1974 at our home show in North Tonawanda, NY and Phantom Regiment was there. They wore their old uniforms with shakos...I was sitting on a chair on the field as a runner and they blew me away (literally). I had seen other corps the year before at the US Open but when you are at "ground zero" with PR's horn line...WOW!!!

One of the best for myself and many others was Kenosha, Wis. early June '73, first show of the year. Des Plaines Vanguard. We came marching out of the fog breathing fire and tearing the ground up with Holst's Planets (the original). Jim Unrath (HOF) was doing GE and we could not hear his comments on the tape due to his twirling the mic around like a bolo, screaming his head off, jabbering something about being in the high 90's at that point. Apparently we had pulled off the most exciting, loudest, monster opener of all time. Crowd almost rushed us on the field. Nothing but screaming, crying, and clapping. The air was charged that night and we were the recipients. We made new friends.

Unfortunately the rest of the show and season took a 90 degree turn south for us as we placed 20th that year but those 2 1/2 minutes were the greatest of all time.

Was anyone else there?

Standing essentially in the middle of Devils' horn arc as they played "Free" at retreat after finals in '87.

WOW.

I remember that,Stu(are you 8,btw?);o).

Moments for me:

Seeing zpull the first time in 83.

Hearing my first dc recording(1977 UOEC championship lp)

Winning DCI prelims and finals my age out year.

My very first Kidet practice.

The first time I saw the Bridgemen rehearse(it was behind Vets stadium on 24th st,and they were playing "Spanish Dreams). :tongue:

Sky Ryders playing the Wizard of Oz show in 1986.

1994 27th Lancers alumni corps.

Fish Legs( you old Bushies would know) and Chariots of Fire.

Getting booed by other dca fans in 1990.I think I got the last laugh there. :tongue:

The company front in WSS ala 1984,outta nowhere.

Tom Smith starting the show up the ramp in the tunnel, and nailing the spot in Jeremiah.

The cross that dissapeared and appeared again.

Many many more.............

possibly (remember how many I'm culling from here) my daughter's christening...

Tammy never went home from the hospital when she was born - she went directly to Hurricane's camp.

A couple of weeks later at her christening most of the corps came by during the day, and Pepe sat there at my old beat up piano, the one that weighed as much as a dumpster that Fisher, Curtie, Wilcox and I carried up the stairs, and played Maleguena over and over again with his little saugage fingers. He was the funniest person on the planet.

Maybe 19 years later at 2000 DCI in Maryland when Boston finished "Time to Say Goodbye" and that same little girl was there in the middle of the field with her hands stretched up to the crowd, which was going wild.

Too many memories - can't do it... everyone has something to do with one or more of my kids though... including the kids I just inherited during the seasons.

Like Jerome!!! and many others...

1. Seeing PR and the Bridgemen in the World Open prelims at Manning Bowl in '78. My first experience with Top 12 corps.

2. 2am 1979 waking up in our corps directors living room, seeing the World Open Class B championship flag hanging from the doorway and realizing that we had just finished an undefeated season.

3. 1999 Allentown - returning to the activity after not having any contact at all for over 10 years. I sat in the stands a cried like a baby the whole time. Capped off by BD, my favorite corps playing Legend, my favorite chart, for their victory concert. My wife was with me and so moved at seeing me back where I belonged cried the whole time too.

Too many memories - can't do it...

I agree, Ray.....I started thinking of writing down some "moments".....and that led to more moments.... then more.....

Too many. And some not suitable for a family publication!!!! LOL

Fran

I agree, Ray.....I started thinking of writing down some "moments".....and that led to more moments.... then more.....

Too many. And some not suitable for a family publication!!!! LOL

Fran

You could have your own "favorite shirts" thread... although no one else could contribute.

Or we could have you and Stan do a "favorite sounds" thread...

Car horns on the NJTPK or the LIE; Rhinos mating; 18 wheelers in head-on collisions; you two playing french horn; Cruse Ships leaving the harbor; "Ignition" at Cape Canaveral; Screech warming up on low tones; you two on french horn; super-models reading aloud from James Joyce;cow flatulence; Orcas with infections; you and Stan... ahhhh you get the idea...

1. Seeing PR and the Bridgemen in the World Open prelims at Manning Bowl in '78. My first experience with Top 12 corps.

2. 2am 1979 waking up in our corps directors living room, seeing the World Open Class B championship flag hanging from the doorway and realizing that we had just finished an undefeated season.

3. 1999 Allentown - returning to the activity after not having any contact at all for over 10 years. I sat in the stands a cried like a baby the whole time. Capped off by BD, my favorite corps playing Legend, my favorite chart, for their victory concert. My wife was with me and so moved at seeing me back where I belonged cried the whole time too.

Ask somone to tell you the story of Bridgemen and PR outside the CYO that year...