Uglier Than Sin!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If nothing else it probably made teh corps look bigger....Hellen Keller could've seen them....heard them, too!

Said it before, say it again (sing it, apoch!): Argos 1985 were clean. as. a. whistle. We kept wondering why they were beating us on tour, then our staff saw them and said, "because they're just plain good, that's why."

Edited by tommytimp

1) the unis of the Blue Knights in the late 90's were uglier than sin.

2) any Corps with long stem plumes on their shakos ( too bandish looking for my tastes )

3) Magic of Orlando..... liked the Corps.... but not the shakos.

4) Blue Devils 2008..... this Corps is not an apron Corps. ( We don'd need no steeeeeking aprons !!)

5) Finleyville Crusaders, Pennsylvania mid 70's Finalist Corps.... a band uniform in Drum Corps ahead of it's time.

Edited by BRASSO

To befair, put all these uniforms in context. Yeah, the fruit stripe gum look is ridonkulous no matter when that was, but the jumpsuit is only slightly silly, and since it's 1985, the colors aren't all that off trend.

The 80's what were we all thinking!!! i marched with a corps in the uk called the Coventry Eagle's we had a sky blue open jacket, dark blue pants, a frilled shirt AND WAIT FOR IT!! an canary yellow aussie!!! What were we thinking!! :rock:

A close second goes to the Colts when they had their red and yellow uniforms. Someone described it to me as an example of "Michael Cesario's Urine Period", which preceeded his shoulder cuff-and-baldric period by a few years. (Just jokin' Michael, we love ya', big guy.)

<<<<<<<<<<<<(They looked something like this .....only full-length pants)

That reminded me of a very good HS Marching Band here in Michigan. When they converted from High Step, Big10 style of marching to corps-style, they bought these ugly polyester mustard yellow-ketchup red uniforms with matching berets. Although they marched and played very well, but the look was not pleasing. Everyone thought they worked at Burger King. Not exactly the image I would want to project. When MBA was started I think they were in the top 10 for the first 5-6 years or so.

They changed in the mid to late 70's to a much classier look. I will always have fond memories of you Bridgeport Bearcat Marching Band

Edited by pianolover1

Crossmen... the year they wore those bizarre Latin-style uniforms.... sometime in the 1980's. Don't remember when.... trying to forget. :rock:

Fran

This from a man who WALLOWS in ugly uniforms! :rock:

Love ya, Fran! And you're amazing Hawaiian shirt collection, too!

MAV