Acoustic Innovation Suggestions

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I have an mp3 of Finlandia on my mp3 player that has an awesome brass intro.

I have a male choir singing the hymn section. Could be a nice acoustic vocal for the whole corps while moving, in between the kick-### stuff.

Something I thought might be neat is doing a concerto piece, as a concerto on the field. Having a solo trumpet or euphonium or something, there is some awesome solo music out there that has killer accomp. parts.

I think all the theatrical things corps are doing now is awesome! Obviously Phantom this year and 06, and Cavies 08 to an extent, but the story-telling is a great direction when done acoustically and Phantom proved this year that you can win and tell a story with literally telling one.

Something I thought might be neat is doing a concerto piece, as a concerto on the field. Having a solo trumpet or euphonium or something, there is some awesome solo music out there that has killer accomp. parts.

Any concerto in mind? Greig's piano concerto? Rach 2?

Vaughn Williams has a Concerto for BassTuba. Some brilliant stuff in there.

Anything by Johan DeMeij would be great, but especially his lord of the rings suite. If you haven't heard it, the Gandalf movement screams corps.

Adagietto from Symphony No. 5 (Mahler)

Coffee Cantata by Bach

O Mio Babino(sp?) Caro

Edited by runner_up

A few outside-the-classical realm suggestions:

Sleepwalk (originally done by Santos and Johnny Farina, covered by everyone under the sun) done as a ballad, especially incorporating some of the chord changes from the Brian Setzer version.

Art of Noise's Moments in Love done as a pit feature.