Cadet Shows and Their Final Pushes

I think its pretty cool that the Cadets made the statement they did in the last couple minutes of their show. I'm sure from my time spent with the Cadets they knew they did not have the show to challenge for the top this year. They did however make it clear in the last minutes of their show who had the most talented corps in the top five! The demand and performance level in the last minutes of their show was on a different level than any of the corps ahead of them! Great job Cadets, what a great organization!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its pretty cool that the Cadets made the statement they did in the last couple minutes of their show. I'm sure from my time spent with the Cadets they knew they did not have the show to challenge for the top this year. They did however make it clear in the last minutes of their show who had the most talented corps in the top five! The demand and performance level in the last minutes of their show was on a different level than any of the corps ahead of them! Great job Cadets, what a great organization!

It was like, despite all the trials they've been though this summer, they decided to show what the corps is really made of, and that's sheer velocity and power.

wow cadets

That ending overshadowed so many things not just in 2008 but in the history of drum corps. Get it. 1:40 of pur BAMFs on speed.

the last 90 seconds of that show has more content and demand than most dci finalists have in eleven minutes.

the relentless pursuit of the edge, indeed.

Bingo. :lol:

A lot of the credit has to go to Joe Roche...the Cadets trainer, drill sargent, and motivator extraordinaire. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but he is/was an Army drill sargent who taught the other drill sargents. I don't know if other Corps do wind sprints, use tacking dummies, and more...but by the end of the season the Cadets are in tip top shape. For those who have Cadets all access one of the segments was "A Day with Joe Roche"...pretty amazing. Too bad it isn't one of the free ones. He is one of the reasons the Cadets can do that crazy drill at the end of a show. It's not by accident...very hard work.