Cadet Shows and Their Final Pushes

i saw cadets twice early season and hated the ending, then by the time finals came around, it was a respectable show. its as if they want all the crazy talk early then end up with a show thats something special

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 200% with you. Cadets drill is always my favorite drill out of any corps, any year. Why? because it fits the music and it's crazy as hell, and when anything is difficult and handled with great precision, I'm always going to love it, the more difficult the better. I know many people don't agree with the "let's do something that's very difficult to wow people" philosophy, but when it's the Cadets, they do it great, and is why I love them.

Their hornline takes the same approach as well, Bocook does an amazing job with their arrangements, the day he stops arranging for the Cadets is when I might NOT like their music.

Agree with you for the most part, especially the part I bolded.

Edited by jetman1287

Seem like Cadets and Phantom both have insanely awesome endings although I definitely think that Cadets endings are far more difficult (tempo wise).

I sat through 95 percent of their show bummed and ANNOYED, and clapping politely (golf claps)

I smiled BIG is as they were performing the last 45 seconds or so of their show, and by the end I was out of my seat cheering loudly and out of control

the ending was AMAZING.

lets hope they can do away with the annoying next year, and have a whole show that is out of control

:laughing:

I'm rooting for you next year cadets! you deserve to be loved again (aww)

Actually, I measured my pulse after their show and it was 135 bpm. I think it's like a post-traumatic drill disorder thing, I get really worked up seeing my corps out there doing that crazy, dangerous stuff and have flashbacks to marching it myself.

Jay Bocook took a few years off from arranging for Cadets in the early 2000s and it was ok...

The Cavaliers used to do similar endings....though they're not as crazy anymore. (91 anybody?)

Cadets definitely have my favorite drill nowadays, and the insane endings are one of the main reasons why.

They do do crazy stuff like that, just while not playing :laughing:

I'm a big fan of the 2003 Z-Pull. Classic. But 2007, 2000 and 1998 have to be some of my favorite. I LOVE watching/hearing the crowd react to the 1998 ending. 2007 is just insane and the guard work is amazing, I haven't really had a chance to see the ending from this year. I really ought to. I love the Cadets marching style and they fly in their endings. Always something to look forward to.

It's great to hear people voice so much appreciation for what the Cadets have put on the field as far as the endings of their shows are concerned. I know when I saw them in 1997 and saw that crazy drill at the end of the show, I was hooked. I knew I wanted to be apart of that. When we got that new ending drill to the show in 2000, I knew it was going to be tough, but I also knew it would be something that everyone would love. I am looking forward to seeing what they bring to the field next year because I am confident that they will bring the crowd back to their feet next year.