Cadet Shows and Their Final Pushes

Hate'em or Love'em. They can march, they can play, at extreme levels simultaneously. That ending to that show has still blown me out of the water when I watch that clip. This is why the Cadets probably are probably known for their work ethic. Boy for that kind of visual and musical responsibility for a full minute and half at 200+ bpms, it's pretty easy to understand why they have to rep the heck out of that chunk. Just think, they were flying and playing already for 10 minutes before. Astounding absolutely astounding displays of musical athleticism. Some guards and drumlines do their work while holding, but the Cadets just haul, every member (except the pit).

That last minute and half is something no Drum Corps dares to do. I don't know of any 5th place corps that can stand out of the rest like that. Simply, that's just impressive.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate'em or Love'em. They can march, they can play, at extreme levels simultaneously. That ending to that show has still blown me out of the water when I watch that clip. This is why the Cadets probably are probably known for their work ethic. Boy for that kind of visual and musical responsibility for a full minute and half at 200+ bpms, it's pretty easy to understand why they have to rep the heck out of that chunk. Just think, they were flying and playing already for 10 minutes before. Astounding absolutely astounding displays of musical athleticism. Some guards and drumlines do their work while holding, but the Cadets just haul, every member (except the pit).

That last minute and half is something no Drum Corps dares to do. I don't know of any 5th place corps that can stand out of the rest like that. Simply, that's just impressive.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!! This is my first time checking out that new ending and that is absolutely AMAZING. I mean I know I marched there, but I still wonder how they all do that!!

They deserve MAD props (sorry for the Northeast lingo lol) for the end of that show. CONGRATULATIONS!!

As a whole, I definitely think Crown should've been ahead of the Cadets in terms of just a total package (although I didn't see the 2 point spread the judges saw).

That said, musically and visually, that last minute and a half of their show this year is just plain out of control. Next to Spartacus, the closer of their show has gotten more play on my iPod in the past week than anything else.

... Namely because I'm still trying to figure out what time signature they're in at any given time. :)

Again, I've been watching that clip every time I pass DCP.

I was watching SCV, they seem to try to fast endings like that, BD does it sometimes. But I'm just curious how The Cadets' hornline manages to play with such volume at those extreme demands. If I closed my eyes I'd forget that they were dashing across the field with a direction change ever 2 counts.

Again, I've been watching that clip every time I pass DCP.

I was watching SCV, they seem to try to fast endings like that, BD does it sometimes. But I'm just curious how The Cadets' hornline manages to play with such volume at those extreme demands. If I closed my eyes I'd forget that they were dashing across the field with a direction change ever 2 counts.

I've watch that clip about 15 times in the past 30 min and I am still amazed. I am looking forward to the DVD just to watch that part of the show. Even the drumline is booking.

The ending was awesome, but I remember thinking at quarters and finals (didn't see them at semis) that the ending just didn't fit with the show. Aside from the fact that it's significantly more exciting than the 9 1/2 minutes before it, the awesome ending begins with Sarah Jones saying life isn't all about money after all, but the music for the ending is the exact same song that was being played when she did think money was important AND they are still spinning the money flags. With that, it just feels like the amazing ending (again, I like it, but...) was thrown in there like a life preserver, keeping the Cadets afloat and ahead of Bluecoats.

Agreed with whoever said it....if their whole show in 09 is anything like their ending in 08, there's no question about who's going to win.

The ending was awesome, but I remember thinking at quarters and finals (didn't see them at semis) that the ending just didn't fit with the show. Aside from the fact that it's significantly more exciting than the 9 1/2 minutes before it, the awesome ending begins with Sarah Jones saying life isn't all about money after all, but the music for the ending is the exact same song that was being played when she did think money was important AND they are still spinning the money flags. With that, it just feels like the amazing ending (again, I like it, but...) was thrown in there like a life preserver, keeping the Cadets afloat and ahead of Bluecoats.

Agreed with whoever said it....if their whole show in 09 is anything like their ending in 08, there's no question about who's going to win.

I dunno... I was watching that clip and got excited to watch other Cadet endings, I don't think anything compared to that. 2000 and 2007 might be the only two that came close to the long periods of demand, volume, and excellence.

What they need is a 2007 Aggression (and hornline) with 2005's Quality + 2008's Ending = The show of gods.

What I love about it is, it just doesn't stop. You watch what they're doing, think "this is pretty cool", then after a while you're thinking "hey, this has been going on for a while", then finally you're wondering if they'll ever stop!

I dunno... I was watching that clip and got excited to watch other Cadet endings, I don't think anything compared to that. 2000 and 2007 might be the only two that came close to the long periods of demand, volume, and excellence.

What they need is a 2007 Aggression (and hornline) with 2005's Quality + 2008's Ending = The show of gods.

If they have this formula next year, I think I will die.