Reilly Raiders Show (Abington High School)

Tony,

Thank you for the kind words, although they are contrary to the dozens in the audience, who went out of their way to share positive accolades.

BTW, have you ever heard of the musical terms: musicianship, tone quality, blend or balance? They are used to describe musical performances. Try using some of them when you write your second musical performance review.

I'll bet you're a drummer!

Where are you performing next? I'd love to come and listen.

Well Tony, Happy 33rd Birthday......

Musically Yours,

David Martin, Director

The Hit Men Brass Band

Dave,

Maybe it's my having grown up in Lynn MA or the 25+ years living in NY... I liked the Hit Man's show. (just my opinion here)

From where Donna and I were sitting it was great to see (and hear) some thing a little different. We're from the 60' through the 80's DC so we were there to see the Alumni Corps but we DID enjoy the Hit Men's show...

From where we were sitting....

81608a400reillysshow318aa7.th.jpg

Thanks for the entertaining show :thumbup:

Yours in Corps,

Tony ;-)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is watch for the show next year. We are already planning for it and considering some exciting new things. It will not be the same as 2008.

All I can say is watch for the show next year. We are already planning for it and considering some exciting new things. It will not be the same as 2008.

I will definetly be there for that as long as im living here! (might not fly out if i move back to cali! lol)

tony

Ok Ray, you asked for it. I only saw bits and pieces of the show ( played with 2 corps that night) for what it is worth, here is my review of what I saw.

Skyliners- I only saw the drum solo feature and really liked it. I liked the horn line moving off stage to set it up. It is nice to see how you incorporated mallets into your show. Good job by Jack.

Reilly- Drum Ensemble Feature- I liked the old versus the new idea. The 2 snare drummers from the 50's with those old drums did a nice job setting up the next part of the performance. Then, the new look from the current drum line was very good. I don't usually like amplification devices mixed with drum corps but it worked. Great drum solo with visuals.

Hitmen-I only saw-listened to one tune but I liked it. Anytime I have seen them in the past I have enjoyed their performance because it is different, imaginative and the music is good.

Reilly's new uniform will look just like the 70s Blue Stars except green so Joe will feel at home.

*insert devlish smiley face

wait, that would outfit the guard in Blue Stars hot pants, and the drum majors I think too

Many Thanks to the Reilly Raiders' Family for presenting another Great Performance, and wonderful opportunity for old(ish!) Friends to meet and greet.

It is a daunting Task to plan and execute a Show like the Shamrock, and you all do it so very WELL!

If it wasn't for your hard work and dedication, we would have one less Venue of this sort, and those of us in the "Alumni" Corps Community would lose out on a terrific opportunity!

Sitting in the caferteria with guy and gal friends from BSGK, Archie, Y/Rebs, Blue Rock, Osmond, Bon Bons, Liberty Bell, SKY, Holy Name, CABs, Lucy's, St. Kevin's, 27th, Cardinals, etc., etc., I was struck by just how much D&B History was represented there, at any given moment, that evening.

On behalf of SKY Alumni and Blessed Sacrament, the 2 corps I was privileged to play with, Thank You ALL for the wonderful reception, and opportunity!

GO Green!

(BTW, didn't get to see anyone... too busy "getting it together" to perform, but... Every Corps deserves a standing "O"... all the Time!... it ain't easy doing what we do!)

Bill Moore

Ok Ray, you asked for it. I only saw bits and pieces of the show ( played with 2 corps that night) for what it is worth, here is my review of what I saw.

Skyliners- I only saw the drum solo feature and really liked it. I liked the horn line moving off stage to set it up. It is nice to see how you incorporated mallets into your show. Good job by Jack.

Reilly- Drum Ensemble Feature- I liked the old versus the new idea. The 2 snare drummers from the 50's with those old drums did a nice job setting up the next part of the performance. Then, the new look from the current drum line was very good. I don't usually like amplification devices mixed with drum corps but it worked. Great drum solo with visuals.

Hitmen-I only saw-listened to one tune but I liked it. Anytime I have seen them in the past I have enjoyed their performance because it is different, imaginative and the music is good.

Joey,

Love the avatar (See, I do know what an avatar is, I just don't know how to use one! LOL)

John Birks Gillespie... what a talent!

Great seeing you and playing together again!

Keep up the good work!

Bill Moore

Hey Bill.

Thanks for the nice words. Always a pleasure to see you and to have the chance to play in the same line as you. Afterall, you are the only person I have ever seen play the mellohone, baritone and contra all at the same time! And wrote the music!!!

Seriously, now that retirement is within reach I hope to see you Sept 5th in South Jersey and try to bring Mouses brother Rat with you.

Joe

Walt-

I don't think any of us want to see Louie in Blue Star hot pants! Besides, our drum majors wore long white pants. Sorry to burst your bubble but it was the color guard, rifle line and guard captains who wore the shorts. So....when you were in 27th were you checking out our girls?

Joe

Walt-

I don't think any of us want to see Louie in Blue Star hot pants! Besides, our drum majors wore long white pants. Sorry to burst your bubble but it was the color guard, rifle line and guard captains who wore the shorts. So....when you were in 27th were you checking out our girls?

Joe

Joe,

If Walt wasn't busy checking out the guard he must have been preoccupied with looking for food... :lookaround: