Ugh! I just came to this realization...

I was going to post this tomorrow, but I won't be around and this seems like a good place to do it.

Do you all realize that 20 years ago tomorrow was Finals? It was my ageout. Interesting how much later into August Finals were then compared to this year.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to post this tomorrow, but I won't be around and this seems like a good place to do it.

Do you all realize that 20 years ago tomorrow was Finals? It was my ageout. Interesting how much later into August Finals were then compared to this year.

And how much later the season starts. I seem to remember shows in early June.

The Canadians return to Finals. I like your attitude!!!!!!!!!!

All the best with the pending arrival!!!

Thanks for the well wishes.

so - if you aged out in 88 then you were born presumably around 67? Which means you were born a year or so before I started to march.

UGH!!!

:thumbup:

Yes, born in '67. Thanks for keeping drum corps alive so I could march. Here's to the drum corps Vets from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. :lol:

And I thought about putting Dutch Boy in my top 12, but had to go with Connexion Canada. They are a powerhouse Canadian corps drawing members from all provinces and territories and even some US defectors.

Scott from Bluecoats - we marched the same years. We probably crossed paths many times. So, you were part of that massive snare line during the drum feature ('86?) Very cool.

Any other band...Not USC! :w00t:

Ah, you assume I meant Southern Cal. But where is Crown in my prediction? Maybe I meant the Trojans of Univ. of South Carolina? (You're right though, I did mean SoCal)

I was also trying to get the "Marriott Marauders" in the mix. They stay at Marriott hotels during tour (sweet).

What's funny is I can't remember for the life of me any Marauders shows when I marched. I can't even remember what they looked like. I suspect they did their show either right before or right after we did, so I never got to see them. Or maybe I'm just getting old. Someone help! Did they wear black?

1. I wonder if school start dates have been moving up in August. I wonder if standardized testing has an influence? But that is neither here or there.

2. I assume many corps will be formed/fold happlily/sadly in 20 years.

3. You forgot that in 20 years DCI's corporate partners get involved and every corps is sponsored. Ads on the backs of every uniform. After a win the Audio Quality Major will put on his winning Ford trucker hat and say "The FritoLay Phantom Regiment was running well tonight. I like to thank Target for the resources we had. Lucas Oil Stadium does have the best sound system in the season and the fans have loved coming here to see us year after year... :thumbup:

Shhh - just a rumour but I hear from a VERY reliable inside source that Punkydoodle Corners Fife and Drum band are buying brand new Bb's - better put them on the list too.... :w00t:

Best wishes on the new arrival! :thumbup:

Yeah scott finals used to be the third saturday in august but it moved to the 2nd saturday in either the late 90's or early 2000's. I assume due to school conflicts and such. And I remember our season would always start on the second friday in June and we would move in on the sunday before that first show on friday.

This is silly, there won't be any scores and they sure won't be able to field 12 corps. The following corps will rotate order of appearance at their 16 performances together in 2030:

Blue Devils

The Cavaliers

The Cadets

Carolina Crown

Blue Knight’s Academy

Blue Stars of Indiana

Florida Brigade

Reading Buccaneers

The Trooper Scout Regiment of Texas

Spirit of Seattle

The only contest people will be talking about in 2030, will be the U.S. Presidential race of 2028 between these two guys:

bush.jpgHopkins.jpg

Guess who won?

Even more interesting would be the finalist list for DCA that year.

1. Reading Buccaneers

2. Santa Clara Vanguard.

3. Caballeros

4. Blue Devils

5. Rochester Crusaders

6. Boston Crusaders

7. Cavaliers

8. Connecticut Hurricanes

9. Phantom Regiment

10. INT – finally on the field after years of organizational prep…

11. Carolina Gold

12. Carolina Crown

In 2019 DCA had to expand finals to 12 corps to handle the influx of DCI corps that could no longer afford to tour… :thumbup: