Best corps, best show?

Not trying to start a fight, but I would seriously like to get some input. In 2008, who had the best show and who had the best drum corps (the corps that showed the most talent and challenged the performers at the highest level)? I feel Phantom had the best show and the Cadets had the best corps (yes, I know the narration was lame, but that is not the issue here). Discuss, and please keep it civil!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regiment had the best show (obviously), Crown had the best brass, Blue Devils had the best corps, Regiment had the best percussion, Blue Devils and Crown had the best guard (IMO)

I feel Blue Devils had the best performed show, and the most difficult all-around show. Phantom had the most emotional show and performed the bejeezus out of it. Blue Devils best brass, Phantom best percussion. Carolina Crown best top to bottom music.

Best corps- Blue Devils

Best show- Phantom Regiment

Biggest "event" on the three nights - Phantom Regiment

Best performance Thursday night - Blue Devils

Best performance Friday night - SCV/Cavaliers

Best performance Saturday night - Phantom Regiment

Best story - Pahntom Regiment

Best idea - Blue Devils/Crown

Best drill if nothing else mattered - Cadets

worst use of voice - Cadets

Best guard - Blue Devils, Crown, Phantom

Best designed show - Phantom Regiment/Blue Devils

Worst designed show - Cadets

Best brass - Blue Devils/Phantom Regiment/Crown

Best drums - Phantom Regiment

Best use of field - Cavaliers

Top three corps that were hyped and delivered: Phantom Regimnet/Carolina Crown/Cavaliers

Geoffrey

PS: answer to the question:Best show - Phantom Regiment

Best corps - Phantom Regiment

Biggest "event" on the three nights - Phantom Regiment

Best performance Thursday night - Blue Devils

Best performance Friday night - SCV/Cavaliers

Best performance Saturday night - Phantom Regiment

Best story - Pahntom Regiment

Best idea - Blue Devils/Crown

Best drill if nothing else mattered - Cadets

worst use of voice - Cadets

Best guard - Blue Devils, Crown, Phantom

Best designed show - Phantom Regiment/Blue Devils

Worst designed show - Cadets

Best brass - Blue Devils/Phantom Regiment/Crown

Best drums - Phantom Regiment

Best use of field - Cavaliers

Top three corps that were hyped and delivered: Phantom Regimnet/Carolina Crown/Cavaliers

Geoffrey

PS: answer to the question:Best show - Phantom Regiment

Best corps - Phantom Regiment

Bottom line I got from that was that you hate the Cadets.

You got a little caption list goin there and it has "Best... best best.." then you have "worst" and you put Cadets under both. Oh and you put "best if nothing else mattered"

I thought this was a best show, best corps thread. If you just don't like the Cadets, you don't have to leak that expression where ever you go.

Bottom line I got from that was that you hate the Cadets.

You got a little caption list goin there and it has "Best... best best.." then you have "worst" and you put Cadets under both. Oh and you put "best if nothing else mattered"

I thought this was a best show, best corps thread. If you just don't like the Cadets, you don't have to leak that expression where ever you go.

Grow up. How I feel about the Cadets, their show designs , their talent, and their output this year and years past is well documented, I dont play games, I tell how I feel.

So, instead of whining, did you answer the question, or are you the Cadets FMM bodyguard , defender til thy death, out to purge injustice and negativity at all costs ??? Sorry, 2008 Wasnt the Cadets year, isnt about the Cadets, they arent this years top story, and they wont be fondly remembered in 2008 for Sarah Jones and the living room. Thats life, thats drum corps.

Geoffrey

Grow up. How I feel about the Cadets, their show designs , their talent, and their output this year and years past is well documented, I dont play games, I tell how I feel.

So, instead of whining, did you answer the question, or are you the Cadets FMM bodyguard , defender til thy death, out to purge injustice and negativity at all costs ??? Sorry, 2008 Wasnt the Cadets year, isnt about the Cadets, they arent this years top story, and they wont be fondly remembered in 2008 for Sarah Jones and the living room. Thats life, thats drum corps.

Geoffrey

Okay. Well I wasn't whining.

For my input

Best Corps: Blue Devils

Best Show: Phantom Regiment

Geoffrey

Well in G's defense, he did say Cadets had the best drill (if nothing else mattered). :smile: