Cavaliers hornline and design

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the top box/composition/what the corps is trying to do.........none of that = 'degree of difficulty.' maybe degree of difficulty factors into that score once the other elements of the show's design are calculated, but you're interpreting it incorrectly.

Word

Good grief, all I hafta do is watch 2001 and 2002 to disagree with the central premise of the OP, at least IMHO. There was plenty of simultaneous playing and booking in those shows, and they won both years.

The visuals that accompanied the playing in 2002 were abso-tively stunning. The ending of 2001 as well, with the backward marching block from hell at 200+ bpm, and they played through all of that. The 2001 opener when all hell broke loose after the quiet beginning. I can think of PLENTY of examples from those two shows alone, and I wager that other folks can find similar moments in other shows of the 2000s.

And no, I have zero corps affiliation, I am a fan of ALL corps in the truest sense of the word. :smile:

Good grief, all I hafta do is watch 2001 and 2002 to disagree with the central premise of the OP, at least IMHO. There was plenty of simultaneous playing and booking in those shows, and they won both years.

The visuals that accompanied the playing in 2002 were abso-tively stunning. The ending of 2001 as well, with the backward marching block from hell at 200+ bpm, and they played through all of that. The 2001 opener when all hell broke loose after the quiet beginning. I can think of PLENTY of examples from those two shows alone, and I wager that other folks can find similar moments in other shows of the 2000s.

And no, I have zero corps affiliation, I am a fan of ALL corps in the truest sense of the word. :smile:

Actually I agree with 01 and 02....BUT, then again, i much prefer 00-04 cavies over 05-08 cavies.

Actually I agree with 01 and 02....BUT, then again, i much prefer 00-04 cavies over 05-08 cavies.

I'd say 2003 and 2004 are pretty up there in terms of demand as well. Especially 2003.

I'd say 2003 and 2004 are pretty up there in terms of demand as well. Especially 2003.

Lol...well yeah, I think 2003 was quite a bit harder than 2002. 2004, i dont know as well. Oddly enough, I just watched 2005 about a half hour ago (first time in over a year), and i was more impressed than i remember being. What makes me strange is that I REALLY dont like 2006...

Looking at your signature, apparently, I am sucking up to you :smile: