Funniest Staff Comments/Rants on Tour

Names withheld or changed to protect the egos involved -

This was a brass instructor speaking to another instructor some 20 years ago -

"Yeah, Bob's playing has improved so much he's as good now as he thought he was a year ago!"

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gino Cipraini talking to the baris in Buccs 2007

Gino: Hey baritones, do you have a crescendo in measure 30?

Baris: no.....

Gino: well, do you have c-r-e-s-c?

Baris: yes....

Gino: yeah, that would be a CRESCENDO

that one made me chuckle

During Basics...

someone messes up.."who was that?! take a lap"

2 minutes later someone else messes up.."take a lap!"

another two minutes go by and the orginal person screws up.."oh my god, just get your #### and go home!!!"...5 second pause..."I'm just kidding..TAKE A LAP!"

After a particularly bad brass segment at practice, one brass staff member asked the brass arranger........" what do you think about the Bari secction's execution ? "

The Brass Arranger replied...... " #### it, YES!! I could go for that right now. Every one of 'em !!"

LOL! That's great!

-Baritones over playing-

"Baritones, I didn't give you permission to put you angry eyes in..."

i.e. Mr. Potato Head

-Mid Rep-

Yelling from the box with hands in air.

DM cuts

We all look at the box and...

"Oh you thought I meant cut? I was just getting excited... sorry RESET"

Both Kieth Hallas Brass caption head at Glassmen 2008

"Hornline your two for two... YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK. RESET"

Frank Williams Glassmen 2008

You know, I really think Frank Williams deserves his own thread when it comes to this stuff.

"Hornline your two for two... YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK. RESET"

Frank Williams Glassmen 2008

Gotta love Frank Williams. They guy is a total ######.

on tour with 7th Regiment 2008

A tornado siren goes off during a test, one visual tech suddenly announces: You hear that, thats the suck alarm

During Ensemble Rehearsal announcing letter C to G in the closer, Lets take it from Cyphillus to Guanaria (spelling)

After a successful rep of that segment: "Hornline, if shouting the name of an STD will make you play it that well, then by all means just wait until the show tommorow, RESET!

You know, I really think Frank Williams deserves his own thread when it comes to this stuff.

Frank Williams to an Assistant Director.... "The show? Don't you worry about the show. You just get the mother ####in' busses on the road."

Greg Cesario in 98... "What?!? I flew 1,500 miles to see this?!?!?!"

Bob Smith (also in 98)..... (Some girl had a shirt with a heart on it) Bob: "Girl with the hard-on, move one step to your left." Girl: "But my dot book says that I'm 3 and a half off of the line." Bob: "Dot book? DOT BOOK?!?!" Bob then descends four levels of scaffolding faster than I thought any human could, runs across the field, and halts his sprint only as he is nose to nose with the girl. Bob (Screaming wildly): "I DON'T GIVE A #### WHAT YOUR DOT BOOK SAYS, I SAID MOVE OVERRRRR!!!!! Bob then grabs her dot book and begins ripping it in half, saying "This is what I think about your dot book." Priceless.

One of our tenor players had to stop to run to the edge of the field to pee for the 7th or 8th time that day, one of the percussion instructors yells out to him " Dont you know how to hold your god **** bladder richie!" drummer responds " I have an infection!"

" Well you can get some cranberry juice from one of the girls in the corps and get the F%@& over it!!!"

good times...