2009 Could be Carolina Crown's year

For Crown to win next year, they have to hope that somehow The Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment and The Cadets all have off-years, as no section in Crown, for me, stands out among these other four corps. If Crown can't win a single caption, how will they win overall?

But in the end, it's not about who's the best, or who the fans love or hate, it's who the JUDGES love or hate. From inconsistencies in the box to impossible point spreads, one look at the recaps after each show will tell you exactly who will win and by how much as early as July.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Star" ?

no, the m word

There's probably a corps that has a ton of rings under their belt, that placed for their standards a bit more disappointingly in 2008 that will come out of the gates like Mad Dogs next summer. This off season will certainly be the rattle in the cage they need.

And Crown? That'll probably be the first corps under their target list.

But wasn't that supposed to happen this year? The members were even in a video saying how the did not like the bronze place they had received in 2007. Just sayin...

I think the Cavies are going to go through some interesting times in the next few years. I don't think they will fall far, but I don't see them winning a championship in the next two years.

Just MHO

I actually see them coming back VERY strong next year. They had everything except for the hornline work that people wanted this year. That piece is being "fixed", so look out for them and Crown, IMHO.

But wasn't that supposed to happen this year? The members were even in a video saying how the did not like the bronze place they had received in 2007. Just sayin...

I think he meant Cadets, since they finished below Crown and would therefore need to "target" that corps and pass them...

It's hard to predict. I'm sure that we've all seen shows where a corps has finished lower in most captions but one of them was hot and pulled their bacon out of the fire. I've also been involved in shows where a corps didn't take a single caption but finished strong in all of them and won.

you don't even know how to spell.

It's called a typo, on a silly little discussion board. Why would I spend time proofing my writing for some silly little discussion board? I write for a living, so I think I wouldn't be making $125k+ per year doing it if I didn't know how to spell. My life does not revolve around drum corps.

Edited by gellio

For Crown to win next year, they have to hope that somehow The Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment and The Cadets all have off-years, as no section in Crown, for me, stands out among these other four corps. If Crown can't win a single caption, how will they win overall?

But in the end, it's not about who's the best, or who the fans love or hate, it's who the JUDGES love or hate. From inconsistencies in the box to impossible point spreads, one look at the recaps after each show will tell you exactly who will win and by how much as early as July.

It is certainly within reason that Crown could win brass and/or guard next year. How can you say those sections do not "stand out"? IMO, Crown has one of the most effective brasslines (and 3rd place in brass is pretty stand out IMO). They also have a fantastic guard and a great visual design.

So we all knew Phantom would win in early July? We all knew Crown would place 4th with a 96.8 in early July? Wow - I had Phantom 4th or 5th in early July and thought Crown would be 5th - 7th.

For Crown to win next year, they have to hope that somehow The Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment and The Cadets all have off-years.

I said the same thing about Phantom Regiment last year. I certainly wouldn't say Blue Devils or Cavaliers had an off-year in '08.