2009 Could be Carolina Crown's year

Neither Cadets, nor anyone else, are slotted to win anything. If anything was proven in 2008, it was that judges are looking toward fresh faces, new approaches, and outstanding quality.

The Cadets have "Played the game, won the game, and changed the game" ... 20 years ago. Say what you want about competitive inertia, but "creative entropy" is also a factor.

The Cadets are the past ... Can they reinvent themselves and come back into the game as a top player. We'll see.

In the meantime I'm betting on corps like Glassmen, Bluestars, Bluecoats, Crown and Phantom Regiment to all be defining the game next year.

Can I get a hit off whatever you're smoking?

Seriously. A corps that has barely been hanging on to the bottom rung at finals and a few middle of the road corps. And Phantom who was finally able to put it all togther in the same year. If they keep this pace up, they'll be in the hunt for another title in 2020.

The Cadets, Blue Devils and Cavaliers will continue to dominate the activity. Phantom might get lucky again in there somewhere. And the others, dream on.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously. A corps that has barely been hanging on to the bottom rung at finals and a few middle of the road corps. And Phantom who was finally able to put it all togther in the same year. If they keep this pace up, they'll be in the hunt for another title in 2020.

The Cadets, Blue Devils and Cavaliers will continue to dominate the activity. Phantom might get lucky again in there somewhere. And the others, dream on.

I think the Cavies are going to go through some interesting times in the next few years. I don't think they will fall far, but I don't see them winning a championship in the next two years.

Just MHO

No I don't think they will. Just because they look like 93 Star, hire people who marched Star, and emulate show ideas that are "Star-ish" doesn't mean they are.

Yes, we are clones of Star. Jango Fett helped make us. :w00t:

Didn't you see the fuschia slightly sticking out of the uniforms???? :w00t:

Oh, and please remind Bill Cook to add our names to the signature cards at the bank.

:rolleyes:

Edited by 27/soa

I'm 85% sure you are misunderstanding him... I think he meant that those corps will continue to be the up-and-coming thing- that they are innovative enough to win in the future years.

On top of which, especially over the last two years, 2 of the 'top 3' corps shows seem lackluster- not nearly the energy and compositional quality- the problem hasn't been the members- it's been the product.

And when you look at the history of DCI- the cavaliers have only been consistently good for the last 16 years- they have won a lot in there, sure, but the Blue Devils and Phantom have been consitently good for far longer.

You were in China when the list for the next two years was distributed.

...coaching 11- and 12-year-olds to Gymnastic Golds!!!!!

Pure speculation here( I know we are 10 months out), but with recent staff changes in other corps, I'm wondering if 2009 could be the Year that Crown really competes for a Championship. Their design staff gets it, and they were probably just a tick or two off from being there this year. The drums will need to step it up a bit, but that is do-able. And the visual design will need a few tweaks, but nothing major.

A tick or two off?? haha, there was a lot more than just ticks that kept them away.