Carolina Crown or Bluecoats

It has been nice, in the last 3 years, we have had 2 new corps break into the top 4. Bluecoats in 06, and Crown in 08.

So just curious, which of these 2 corps do you enjoy watching more?

Up until 2005, I would have chosen Bluecoats. They have always put on some very entertaining and enjoyable shows. I have liked every show I have seen by them.

But then after 2005, something seemed to happen in Crown. It had been building up for a few years prior, but in 2006 something just clicked. I don't know whether it was staff, returning vets, musical director, drill design team, or just a combination, but the last 3 years they have just totally thrilled me with their productions.

I would love to see either of these corps become our next new champion. Both corps are fantastic, but as for right now, I think Crown has edged out Bluecoats for being just a little more entertaining, at least to me.

Which corps shows do you enjoy more?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluecoats for me, hands down. I've loved their shows since I first saw them in 2004.

There has never been a show that Crown has put out that I have enjoyed despite having a gorgeous brass sound (which is their only redeeming factor for me). Even if I don't like them, I can't help but admit that they are good at what they do.

Bluecoats for me, easily. I actually enjoy Crown's 2004 and 2006 shows the most from their history, with 2005 taking the bronze. I haven't really cared for their past two productions. At the same time, those Bluecoats shows from 2003-2006 are some of my favorite shows from any corps. The last two years haven't quite up to that level from Bloo, either, but I still prefer them to Crown.

I'd love to see both Bloo and Crown go back to shows like what they performed in '06. That was a killer year.

Right now Crown is ahead by a long-shot for me. I am absolutely in love with that Brass sound. I've liked every show since '05 from Crown (with '08 as the favorite). I love the repertoire and design from the past two shows and hope they continue in this direction. Bluecoats have had some shows I really liked, but it can't top what Crown is doing right now.

It depends on the mood I'm in. Either way, it's a close call. Even though I know Crown's shows have not been easy, the way everything is done doesn't show off the difficulty as much as it could, so if I want to just be impressed by technique, it's Bluecoats. For brass sound, in most cases, it's Crown. For percussion, it's Bluecoats. For guard, Crown. It all just depends.

Bluecoats for me. Especially this year with the concept they came up with.