Mixing up performance schedules

As we have seen for at least the last decade, in most cases corps like Pioneer and Trooper always go on first of the World Class corps in any given competition.

And while I personally love the way the corps get better and better as each one performs during the night, sometimes I wonder if it isn't really hurting the activity, and some of the corps.

For example, if there was a show with Pioneer, Troopers, Cavaliers, and Cadets, and that was the lineup for several consecutive shows, I was thinking if they had Pioneer perform either after Cavies or Cadets, they might actually get a little more attention.

So many shows, people don't even see the first corps on the field, but if you had them perform every once in a while later in the show, maybe more people would see their performance, and actually realize how much the smaller/lower placing corps have to offer. I really think membership could increase if they were given a chance to perform at later times, when more people would see them.

I know alot of people wouldn't like it, as the judges wouldn't be seeing all the "groupings of corps" in order, but as rigged as the judging is anyway, I don't really think it would matter that much. I am thinking more in terms of getting more support for the corps that aren't getting it. Corps like Pioneer, Troopers, Mandarins, and others that have placed near the bottom of the ladder. These are great corps, and to let them perform later in the evening once in awhile could really benefit them by allowing people to see that there are wonderful performances and corps, outside of the top 8 placing corps. And once you get more people interested in the lower tier corps, you have more people wanting to attend quarterfinals, instead of just finals. It would also maybe increase ticket sales for the 4 and 5 corps shows, where 2 of the corps performing may be Pioneer and Troopers.

There are a select number of shows every season where the performance order is switched around to give lower groups a chance to perform at night.