DCA 2008 Preliminaries Coverage

Drumline now throwing down up front. Hornline on the 50, rippling out from the backfield into another formation. Drum line is ramming notes like crazy!

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like every corps has a great screamer this year. Where do they all come from? Is this a result of genetically modified foods? Or are they born that way? I simply do not know.

They were all bred in petri dishes years ago!!!

Cabs from 49-1/2 yd line, 10 feet from Tom Peashey, emcee:

Pit grabbed us, sabers pricking the bluuuuuuuuue sky, now dark. Rhythmic clapping in pit after high brass grabbed us by the cajones.

Maleguena. Really loud to start, which you have to do after what the drum line did during their solo. Bari solo before kicking into the main theme. Snares on cowbell (I got a fever!) as mellos play the melody.

Big C-A-B from the corps during a silent drill move before rocking out on Maleguena. Now for the big finish.

No rumps? For once, nobody seemed to miss them.

Double red/white sashes so effective as Cabs march backward...Just yelled out "C-A-B-S!" CG flourishing across the backstage....What a sound to close!!! Crowd going ...Sean Holquist, brass judge, strolling by, commenting in tape, off-record what I just heard...MBI 95.113, Hurcs 94.913.