DCA 2008 Preliminaries Coverage

Percussion marches hatless. One of the pit members is in a wheelchair and is playing a marching bass on a stand.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sopranos and mellos are at the center of the field in a group, while the baris and contras are in a smaller group to their left as they trade licks.

1 snare, 1 tenor, and two basses on the field, three total if you count the one in the pit I mentioned earlier. Also four guard and thirteen brass.

All but two of the pit members are facing backfield and taking a knee, while two of the marching percussionists are now playing in the pit during the ballad.

The brass line does a good job of putting out a lot of sound for their size. I'm constantly aware of the contras.

Great job by the mello soloist during the ballad.

Marching percussion is back out on the field, had a small feature to start the next part of the show.

I stand corrected - 5 guard members. The men in the guard wear, as does the pit, so I must have counted him in the wrong section.

One of the drum majors also marches contra for part of the show. I still hear the contras now, though, even with him on the podium.

Another park and blow section for the horn line.

Strange thing in the pit - One of the members acts like he's playing some kind of hand instrument, but his hand is empty. He's been doing that for most of the show from what I can tell.