DCA 2008 Preliminaries Coverage

Nice crescendo to the release in the middle of the ballad from the horn line, got some applause from the crowd.

Can't tell you crowd size, unfortunately, as the press box is not in a place where I can see the stands.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

La Suerta time.

Oh, I hope we get a video of those kids playing the tambourines. One of them has got a little sway going as he plays. He's feeling it, man!

Snare line marches really well. They've definitely got that "we rock" swagger about them and, during their solo, they show us why.

La Suerta finishes with the corps standing still and punching out the close of the song.

Cuban Overture, a la 1982 Cadets and 1994 Scouts.

Great posture from the horn line. LakeShorement do a lot of the little things well, which will serve them well.

Some of the crowd is starting to clap with the corps during the fast part of the Overture.

I'm serious. We could do a video of just the tambourine kid. He's into this music like Carlos Santana.

Drum line definitely is the strongest section of the corps. Big finish, complete with one of the pit kids climbing onto the back of the other and raising his arms in triumph.

Shenandoah Sound - 67.500

Our first Lone Star corps of the day is coming onto the field - Gulf Coast Sound!

Gulf Coast Sound's 2008 program is entitled "Classic Rock: Volume II" and consists of:

Hell's Bells

Barracuda

Open Arms

Flirtin' With Disaster

I think this may be the first time Journey is on the field.

Heh, we get the literal Hell's Bell to open the show, courtesy of the pit.