DCA 2008 Preliminaries Coverage

"Ditto"

Thanks to the staff of DCP!! Enjoyed every bit!!

Yes great job this year guys.Much appreciated.I like the short videos.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it for now, folks. We're the last ones here at the stadium and the lights are going to be turned off.

A HUGE thank you to Danielle, Kevin, Charlie Groh, Jeff DeMello, Key Poulan, Todd Tanji, Toby, Cozy and the rest of the DCP team for all of their hard work. We couldn't do it without them.

I'd also like to thank Gil Silva and the folks at DCA and Gary Baker from BVP Marching Videos for their partnership and the guys at Dynasty for their support - without which this would not be possible. Please let them know how much you appreciate this coverage.

Good night from PAETEC Park. We'll be back in the morning for the Alumni Spectacular - then the DCA World Championship show tomorrow night.

Thank you for your support.

-john

P.S. We'll keep trying to get the Cabs video up .... and the remaining photos will go up later tonite / first thing in the morning.

Caballeros' video is posted - FINALLY. Thanks for your patience.

Wow, Bucs beat Regiment by .013, less than the margin of PR over BD. :tongue:
Bearing in mind that I have been labeled as a "Bucs cheerleader", I must say that if the Bucs faced PR head to head, the actual results would be somewhat different. BTW, I got to see the shows at Scraton this year and thought that all the corps were stellar. My impressions were that the Bucs were out there by themselves. I liked the Cabs over Empire, however not by much. Hurcs were very strong. Perhaps their show peaked early. I particularly liked Bush, and was surprised since the boards have not been very gentle on them this year (the word "horrible" comes to mind). This is the kind of show concept it will take to dethrone the Bucs, and if Bush had the horses, it might have been interesting. But that's from a competitive point of view. My view as a fan was that all the corps that evening were entertaining and enjoyable. The circuit seems very strong. Oh, and BTW...YEAH BUCS!!! (sorry, couldn't resist).... Edited by VOReason

Another park and blow section for the horn line.

Strange thing in the pit - One of the members acts like he's playing some kind of hand instrument, but his hand is empty. He's been doing that for most of the show from what I can tell.

Those would be egg shakers, that are used throughout the show by various members.

What a great night in Rochester.

Frankly, I enjoyed about 4 corps more than I did Reading. Of the impending 4 years in a row they have won it, this was the least enjoyable (for me).

I typically don't get excited about Empire......but I thought they were fantastic tonight. Hawthorne was awesome ths evening. MB, was dynamite.

I still say Reading isn't doing anything M&M-wise that Hawthorne or Empre aren't doing, but what do I know.

I am not deaf or blind, so I obviously thought Reading was good, but not crazy miles ahead of everyone else like I had been lead to believe all season.

Clearly, the judges begged to differ.

Hawthorne's snare line just looks awesome.

In reference to the Bucs vs. Brigs debate a few months ago.......no way Reading beats Brigs with the show they performed tonight. JMO and I was never a big big Brigs fan either. TIFWIW (which isn't much :))

What a great night in Rochester.

Frankly, I enjoyed about 4 corps more than I did Reading. Of the impending 4 years in a row they have won it, this was the least enjoyable (for me).

I typically don't get excited about Empire......but I thought they were fantastic tonight. Hawthorne was awesome ths evening. MB, was dynamite.

I still say Reading isn't doing anything M&M-wise that Hawthorne or Empre aren't doing, but what do I know.

I am not deaf or blind, so I obviously thought Reading was good, but not crazy miles ahead of everyone else like I had been lead to believe all season.

Clearly, the judges begged to differ.

Hawthorne's snare line just looks awesome.

In reference to the Bucs vs. Brigs debate a few months ago.......no way Reading beats Brigs with the show they performed tonight. JMO and I was never a big big Brigs fan either. TIFWIW (which isn't much :))

What are you smoking?