DCA 2008 Preliminaries Coverage

can anyone tell me are they having general admission seating for $15.00 for finals?

Edited by tympmom

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearing in mind that I have been labeled as a "Bucs cheerleader", I must say that if the Bucs faced PR head to head, the actual results would be somewhat different. BTW, I got to see the shows at Scraton this year and thought that all the corps were stellar. My impressions were that the Bucs were out there by themselves. I liked the Cabs over Empire, however not by much. Hurcs were very strong. Perhaps their show peaked early. I particularly liked Bush, and was surprised since the boards have not been very gentle on them this year (the word "horrible" comes to mind). This is the kind of show concept it will take to dethrone the Bucs, and if Bush had the horses, it might have been interesting. But that's from a competitive point of view. My view as a fan was that all the corps that evening were entertaining and enjoyable. The circuit seems very strong. Oh, and BTW...YEAH BUCS!!! (sorry, couldn't resist)....

VOReason is Sal Adamo. As long as he claps, it's Effective.

VOReason is Sal Adamo. As long as he claps, it's Effective.
Geez, a guy can't even make a few positive, constructive comments every now and then? Is Reading's show concept and design effective? Tell 'ya what..why don't you open your eyes and tell me! Or are you too busy protecting DCA and the city of Rochester.... Edited by VOReason

Yesterday was a BIG day for DCA and for DCP. The "play-by-play" comments from the press box, the on-the-spot scores, the photos that appear to be taken right from within the ranks, the videos that hold up even at full screen, and the comments from the corps supporters bridge the distance between Rochester and here..............wherever your "here" is.

There are many individual names that should be thanked for contributing to the success of the afternoon and evening, just as there were so many posts from folks unable to attend for the first time in decades. In the end, it is drum corps, REAL drum corps, that is the winner.

Two observations, actually, one is a request: TELL Baker not to mess with the sound levels........they're perfect! Second, I like the judging system. I thought it would take a 90 to make finals, but that number is relative. In a contest with so much talent in all 24 corps, YOUR score depends upon the scores of the corps appearing before you and how much room must be left for those still to come. The placements shake out correctly and the scores will change in the finals with only ten and four corps appearing.

Good job DCA

Joe in NJ

Oh yeah........GO CABS!

Does this mean Kilties are the ONLY Open corps not to advance tomorrow? Again? Just let them in, folks. For goodness sake. *sigh* They looked awesome this year!

MAV...doing the pouty lips thing

Just let them in? They need to earn it! IF they have a package good enough to get in, they will get in. I know there is a bunch of extra love for the Kilties out there, but some people (NOT INCLUDING YOURSELF) aren't realistic sometimes. Over the years I have overheard Kilties members while in uniform ##### and whine about not placing each year. Bad karma.

Wow, Joey Pero was ON FIRE last night, can't wait for his CD to come out.

Edited by SaraNYC

The show was awesome last night. The weather was absolutely perfect too! More of the same tonight.

I loved Empire's show! My daughter is in one of the pictures that was posted earlier in this thread. She is in the cymbal line. I am so proud of her!!!

Can't wait to go back tonight for the finals.

Go Empire!!!!!!

I've quite literally known Joey Pero his entire life... it is hard to envision him getting better, but each year he does... the album is/will be amazing... I don't know how he got Phoebe Snow and Nat King Coles brother to be on it with him but it's obviously quite a boost to the album.

Joey's playing on the album - Oh MY! and his playing with Empire Last Night... holy crap!!! each note you say "He didn't really just do that did he?"

The amazing part about Joe Pero is that in so many ways - not to take away from his raw talent and hard work - he is the result of what drum corps cultivated... Joe was so shy and introspective a few years back that it took CONSIDERABLE cajoling by yours truly to get him to walk into Vince Bruni's office and ask to perform... With the Master's guidance (and a little help from people like Wynton Marsalis) Joey has taken off... it's the showmanship that drum corps built into him that will project his career..

What I'm trying to say... is that Joey isn't some pro player that some drum corps paid to play... Joey is one of us... he is the child of drum corps who only tried to please his father who has lived and breathed drum corps all his life. Now that we have created the "monster" that is Joe Pero... we need to support him...

Sign up NOW! www.joeypero.com and get first notice when the album can be purchased... you won't be sorry...

I've quite literally known Joey Pero his entire life... it is hard to envision him getting better, but each year he does... the album is/will be amazing... I don't know how he got Phoebe Snow and Nat King Coles brother to be on it with him but it's obviously quite a boost to the album.

Joey's playing on the album - Oh MY! and his playing with Empire Last Night... holy crap!!! each note you say "He didn't really just do that did he?"

The amazing part about Joe Pero is that in so many ways - not to take away from his raw talent and hard work - he is the result of what drum corps cultivated... Joe was so shy and introspective a few years back that it took CONSIDERABLE cajoling by yours truly to get him to walk into Vince Bruni's office and ask to perform... With the Master's guidance (and a little help from people like Wynton Marsalis) Joey has taken off... it's the showmanship that drum corps built into him that will project his career..

What I'm trying to say... is that Joey isn't some pro player that some drum corps paid to play... Joey is one of us... he is the child of drum corps who only tried to please his father who has lived and breathed drum corps all his life. Now that we have created the "monster" that is Joe Pero... we need to support him...

Sign up NOW! www.joeypero.com and get first notice when the album can be purchased... you won't be sorry...

QFT.

Joey is one of the NICEST musicians I have ever had the opportunity to work with. He's good good people.