DCA 2008 Championship Coverage

Ron... I spent a performing career based on beating Caballeros... and that respect that we had for them because it was so darn hard to beat them meant everything and actually caused our two corps to become quite close OFF the field.

You do not have to apologize for beating Empire ... you have just paid them the highest respect...

Thanks Tom. I hope ES understands this as well. I could kick myself for not being at finals!!!

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would just like to say a heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS to this year's DCA Champions, Alliance and the Reading Buccaneers!

To all of the other DCA corps in competition, thank you for your hard work and dedication. It is because of your combined efforts, that the rest of us have been treated to a most memorable and exciting DCA season.

And to the one corps that will always hold a special place in my heart....the Empire Statesmen, I would just like to say Congratulations on a 25th Anniversary season that every alumnus can be proud of. While the result may not have been what you had hoped for, your entertaining and inspiring performances made Shane and I very proud to have once worn the uniform. I hope the memories of this very special show and season stay with each of you for a life time. I am certain Mr. B is looking down right now with nothing but tremendous pride.

And to my fellow brass players, Congratulations on a second consecutive Hy Dreitzer Memorial Brass Trophy.

"The record shows, you took the blows, and did it your way."

Regina (Quinn) Startzel

Empire Statesmen Mellophone

2002-2007

2008 Mommy to Be!!!

Fran

as I said earlier... I was glad to "have your back"

but this better not become habit forming...

Give Barb a big hug for me and we'll see you soon...

Way to go MBI!!!!!! You finally got over the 4th place hump! Enjoy the celebration and the throw down concert in the parking lot. You've made a lot of alumni very very proud tonight :tongue:

OMG - tears in my eyes as I float in the pool with mom and dad. j scheit called me to keep me updated and I was so impressed and proud and crying....

love you all, congrats and long time coming, you have earned every note of the throw down tonight!! wish I was there to moon the departing buses....

w.h.

just got home... Hi Ron... Hi Fran...

<I snipped this part>

with this computer age, I had the scores way early... and intentionally stuck them under my clipboard as there was a large crowd in the area... (Fran appreciates that)... finally after some time... I peaked... the shock on my face must have been obvious as several around me said "is it THAT bad"... naturally I just smiled...

<I snipped this, too>

Tom,

This little paragraph is EXACTLY the kind of story that those of us not in the "inner circle" love to hear. The "what's-it-like-to...." stories that add color to the total story that is DCA. Any one of us would love to be those around you who asked 'is it THAT bad" only to have our blood circulation picked up a notch by the suspense and your uninforming smile.

I look forward to hearing your voice on my DVDs.......... though not hearing Fran OR Ace will be different.

Great job........

Joe

on the alumni tapes you'll hear the voice of Steve Anderman - former PR Director of DCA in I believe 1976 or so... He's now with Music City Legend. I marched with Steve - good guy and an excellent announcer...

At one point in finals you'll also hear his voice as I was actually allowed a bathroom break... wow... now that was unusual.

Ace is an amazing drum corps personality and he was missed. He was supposed to cover finals for DCW, but never showed. I'm told there was some sort of family emergency... I hope all is well...

As for Fran, he and Barb are truly special people. Hopefully, they will both be back with us in 2009.

TO ALL THAT WORKED HARD ON BRINGING THIS WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE TO US THIS EVENING AND TO ALL THE COMPETING CORPS.....CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION TO THIS WONDERFUL WORLD OF DRUM CORPS.

ESPECIALLY ALLEN BUELL FOR HIS WORK AND PERSERVEREANCE {SP} FOR 2009 AND THE YEARS TO COME!!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL FOR BRINGING THIS TO ALL OF US AROUND IN THE DRUM CORPS COMMUNITY.

Tom,

This little paragraph is EXACTLY the kind of story that those of us not in the "inner circle" love to hear. The "what's-it-like-to...." stories that add color to the total story that is DCA. Any one of us would love to be those around you who asked 'is it THAT bad" only to have our blood circulation picked up a notch by the suspense and your uninforming smile.

I look forward to hearing your voice on my DVDs.......... though not hearing Fran OR Ace will be different.

Great job........

Joe

I agree whole-heartedly. Last night when I saw the post from Jeff saying "we've been told in the box...tell your fans to hold onto their seats" I figured there must be some movement in the top 5. That statement alone prompted a couple long distance phone calls from me. The scenarios running through my head were endless. Again, THANKS to all who helped with the live finals coverage. I didn't get anything done the last two days because of you guys. :tongue: