DCA 2008 Championship Coverage

Dream and Chops, Inc., were only .112 apart in Prelims for 3rd and 4th. The overall spread between the finalists was 3.050.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had a slight delay - Dream was missing a piece of equipment, looks like pit cymbals. They've got them now and the DM has saluted. Here we go!

The corps starts backfield, very mysterious sounding. A soprano soloist comes in playing the melody The Show Must Go On.

Corps turns front as the soloist hits a high note to finish the show. Tempo has increased. Nice intro to the show!

Sopranos are pretty hot right now. They've hit their notes almost without fail. They've been in front of me the most so far so I'm getting more of them than the rest of the hornline.

Another sop soloist is up front and he's squealing away. Baritones now in front of me...Whoa, that note was almost too high to hear!

Glad to see you all have nice weather to watch a fabulous show. I remember when you had that horrible rainstorm. :worthy: Keep up the good work I am enjoying the coverage here! :smile:

I keep trying to forget it. :smile:

SoCals colorguard is very strong. Very nice size for a Class A corps and they are really adding a lot to the show. Love the purple/fushia flags that coordinate well with the unis. There are some blues flags I saw last night that are also very complimentary.

Sop soloist is back to start the second piece. Awesome solo, got the crowd going. Meanwhile, a guard member does a dance around him, finishing with a full out split - ouch. A quick quote from Somebody To Love and we go right into Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Contras are laying down the bass line while the baris have the melody.

Drum line is in front of me now, doing a mini-feature while a bari and sop soloist play the melody.

They've got a killer sop line, no doubt.

I'm spoiled now... I am ready to click on the video clip... :smile: Sadly John, you've created monsters in us fans. Fast will not be fast enough now...

:smile: :smile: :smile::worthy::worthy: