DCA 2008 Championship Coverage

Sop soloist couldn't hit the high note this time. To his credit, though, he didn't keep trying (and missing), just headed back to the corps proper and resumed his place.

I think I just saw the guy who was playing timpani grab a flugel. Yep, he's playing a solo. We're now in Who Wants To Live Forever. Baris get the melody after the solo is finished. Contras are playing evil low notes.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Corps turns backfield, repeating the chorus of the song, forming an arc just behind the front hash before turning forward again for a big note.

Timpanist is back out, playing the flugel one more time. He also played the opening sop solo. Pretty versatile player.

Sopranos and mellos open the closer, Don't Stop Me Now. Tempo is back up as this will be the big finish of the show.

Sop soloist squeezed out yet another high note. This guy's got chops of steel.

Nice evil train horn chord from the horns before a quick drill move and the final chord to end the show.

Good start to the night!

Chops, Inc., is now entering the field.

The 2008 Chops, Inc., program is entited "My Pet Rock Wore Platform Shoes" and consists of:

Never Been Any Reason

Free Ride

Brand New Key

Without You

Romeo and Juliet

Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting

Nice disco move after the salute by the drum major. Think John Travolta.

Right from the start, the brass shows great control and technique. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the recaps from last night, but I'm willing to bet Chops was at or near the top in brass for Class A.

After a quick introduction of Never Been Any Reason, we go right into Free Ride. The small brass line does a great job of projecting it's sound without overblowing., plus they sound like they're having fun playing the music. Marching technique is also strong in the brass line with great posture and foot technique throughout.