Congrats to the Minnasota Brass

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I couldn't be happier for my buddies Hank Wadsworth and Roger Grupp and the rest of Blue.......great job. It left a whole bunch of us in awe. Brass, guard and percussion and flying feet (except for Roger).....thanks for being YOU and bringing that A++ game.

J

The Northeast is a DCA stronghold and always has been. For a corps like MBI to come to Rochester and walk away with a second place finish is a bit like sneaking into a wolves den and snatching one of their puppies. Hats off to MBI! :thumbup:

GIVE IT A REST.

The location a group is from has NOTHING to do with Score or Placement.

(Sick to death of the North East Haters.)

I was VERY disappointed that the Kilties and Grenadiers did not make finals in their Divisions.

That the Renagades came out lower than I would have liked. AND yes, that the Empire Statesmen did not win.

I was thrilled that BOTH CorpsVets and Alliance did so well

Glad to see SoCal Dream up there again this year.

I think MANY in the North East fel the same.

There were a few MBI staff people sitting just below about 30 Buc's alumni. Well, by the time MBI took the field they had us all yelling for MN Brass. Great to see a new contender in DCA. It only makes the activity stronger & more entertaining.

Congrats!!!!

I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate Jim Gruber and the entire Buccaneer organization on their 4 peet. They are a fine organization with a great history and are a very diserving champion. :thumbup: In 1977, the first year that I attended DCA, I was MBI Business Manager, and thanks to the Buccaneers Corps Director (whose name escapes me), we were invited to play at a show in Reading the night before DCA Prelims. It gave us a big lift. Bucs also set us up with a practice facility and were very helpful to a new (we had only been to DCA once before in 1973) DCA participant.

Mike Palmquist

The corps director in 1977 was Ron Gehris. Ron was in attendance in Rochester, and after prelims predicted that Minnesota Brass would end up second at finals. He loved the prelims performance that much.

Edited by amysnook

When Empire was announced third I looked at MBIs DMs and saw them very professionally try to hide the pleasure they had to be feeling. Then I saw the tall one in the middle look back at the corps. Couldn't see his face but got the feeling he had to be thinking "They (corps members) had #### well better still be standing at attention". The corps was showing it's class by standing at attention during this huge moment for them so kudos for that.

(Went thru this first time we beat Buccs in our history. It is tough to be still and quiet when you just want to flip out with delight.)