Congrats to the Minnasota Brass

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Minnesota B!!!

Hopefully the winter rehearsing will pay off more and you'll be the first Non- northeastern corps to win the DCA Championships.

Congrats MBI. Great show.

I'm a "NorEasterner" and love the North East along with North Eastern Corps. But, after viewing Minn Brass in prelims and catching their final score, I told a gentleman sitting near me that Minn Brass would be a spoiler at in the finals. Sure enough you guys proved me right. Congratulations Minnesota Brass and best of luck in the future. And thank you Rochester for another wonderful DCA Championsips.

I'm a "NorEasterner" and love the North East along with North Eastern Corps. But, after viewing Minn Brass in prelims and catching their final score, I told a gentleman sitting near me that Minn Brass would be a spoiler at in the finals. Sure enough you guys proved me right. Congratulations Minnesota Brass and best of luck in the future. And thank you Rochester for another wonderful DCA Championsips.

As an alum and current staff member of Empire, I'll tell you that MBI and Empire have always been friends .

Vince Bruni loved you guys!

- You're a fellow ICA corps!!!

- We've done cruises with you guys.

- We traveled to meet "half way" to do a show in Michigan in 1991.

- When DCA started I&E in 1989 ... only two corps brought "bus loads" of participants: Empire and MBI (now look at I&E!)

- In 1996, when Vince Bruni wanted to start a tradition of playing a Mass Patriotic Salute on Retreat at DCA, only two corps showed up to practice Grand Old Flag: Empire and MBI.

MBI and Empire are Buddies, and that's a fact. You helped fight the last revolution with us, and you'll be a key player in the new one.

It was great to get to congratulate Chaffee, and Mike Palmquist, and Roger ... and we had our whole corps break rank to shake all your hands.

It's "all good" between Empire and MBI. Let all your youngsters (including young staff guys) know that.

Congrats Minnesota Brass Inc !

As an alum and current staff member of Empire, I'll tell you that MBI and Empire have always been friends .

- When DCA started I&E in 1989 ... only two corps brought "bus loads" of participants: Empire and MBI (now look at I&E!)

- In 1996, when Vince Bruni wanted to start a tradition of playing a Mass Patriotic Salute on Retreat at DCA, only two corps showed up to practice Grand Old Flag: Empire and MBI.

MBI and Empire are Buddies, and that's a fact. You helped fight the last revolution with us, and you'll be a key player in the new one.

It was great to get to congratulate Chaffee, and Mike Palmquist, and Roger ... and we had our whole corps break rank to shake all your hands.

It's "all good" between Empire and MBI. Let all your youngsters (including young staff guys) know that.

:tongue:

Thanks Tom !

As a another one of those old guys, I always appreciated how much Mr. B had to fight tooth and nail to 'open the eyes' of the DCA gang to the outsiders.. :thumbup:

ICA was fun (I wasn't a fan of the electric bass tho.) as an entertaining venue..I miss those shows, and some of those corps. :thumbup:

I was a bit apprehensive personally to go over to your corps after the scores were announced..I was too busy trying to take it all in..As Roger said..Vince would have been proud indeed..

Now if we can get David and Flash together for a schmooze session..who knows what's next?

Let's hope the "it's all good" tagline isn't just lip service..Thanks again Tom and to the rest of the Statesmen...Don't ever change..Vince would have settled for nothing less.

Pat

We were all pretty much freaking out when our name WASN'T called in fourth OR third.

Empire Statesmen, you must know this:

You showed us fantastic kindness, character, and CLASS in giving us congratulations as you did. You are an inseperable element of our memories(delirious, giddy memories) of this night!

We thank you for your kindness! That was such a classy thing to do!

Every time I've ever been around any ES folks, they've always been down to earth, good-to-talk-to people. I like them even better now! Thank you Empire!

John Horst

Minnesota Brass mellophone

Thanks Tom. You, like Empire's founder Mr. B, his son David, and all of the members of the STATESMEN organization, are a class act. I can't begin to tell you the emotion that was running through all of us last night. I want to take this opportunity to thank the STATESMEN for, once again, running an exciting and energetic DCA Finals. I have said over the years that the 1996 DCA Finals, other than the field situation, were one of the best run and most first class finals I have ever attended. Rochester is a great host city and will always have a special place in the hearts of all of the membership of MBI. The Empire STATESMEN will also always have a special place in the heart of the membership, past and present, of MBI.

I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate Jim Gruber and the entire Buccaneer organization on their 4 peet. They are a fine organization with a great history and are a very diserving champion. :tongue: In 1977, the first year that I attended DCA, I was MBI Business Manager, and thanks to the Buccaneers Corps Director (whose name escapes me), we were invited to play at a show in Reading the night before DCA Prelims. It gave us a big lift. Bucs also set us up with a practice facility and were very helpful to a new (we had only been to DCA once before in 1973) DCA participant.

Mike Palmquist