Congrats to the Minnasota Brass

When I was walking back to my car after prelims, I ran into MBI's truck crew and gave them a message to convey to the Corps... I'll repeat it briefly here - on behalf of the Kilties, we're very proud of our cousin corps, and want you to tear it up at Finals--- YOU DID! CONGRATS!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A heartfelt congratulations to MBI. Heard from many people that you guys were on fire!

Good luck in the future.

Congrats MBI - job well done and recognition LONG overdue. Always a class act.

to Roger Grupp -- yes, you are still da' man! :tongue:

From all of your Gulf Coast Sound and Bayou City Blues friends and fans in TEXAS.

ICA was fun (I wasn't a fan of the electric bass tho.) as an entertaining venue..I miss those shows, and some of those corps. :thumbup:

(Responding to Tom and Pat)....

Heckuva memory jog last night as I had to explain the electric bass and Uncle Sam on stilts to my wife when Empire did the early stuff. I honestly missed not hearing "Curly Shuffle" even if I hated it when it was done in the 80s. Just didn't like the corps chanting "Hey Moe", and the "Nyucks". :tongue:

Then going out I just had to say "OMG, an Red Carpet Association" corps just took runner up at DCA and I was there to see it". :thumbup:

Pat, next time I go by the island parking lot where MBI practiced for DCA at Hershey 79/80, I'm saluting it. THAT was a lot on my mind last night during our after show pizza party.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

(Responding to Tom and Pat)....

Heckuva memory jog last night as I had to explain the electric bass and Uncle Sam on stilts to my wife when Empire did the early stuff. I honestly missed not hearing "Curly Shuffle" even if I hated it when it was done in the 80s. Just didn't like the corps chanting "Hey Moe", and the "Nyucks". :tongue:

Then going out I just had to say "OMG, an Red Carpet Association" corps just took runner up at DCA and I was there to see it". :thumbup:

Pat, next time I go by the island parking lot where MBI practiced for DCA at Hershey 79/80, I'm saluting it. THAT was a lot on my mind last night during our after show pizza party.

:thumbup:

OMG!! thanks for brain jolt, Jim !

I'm still trying to come back to reality after an incredible night..with about 1.5 hours of sleep before leaving to catch my plane home (from Buffalo) :thumbup:

I felt a warm spot in my heart when I heard "Moonlight Serenade" by Empire this weekend..hokey as I thought it was year after year...I HAD COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN "Curly Shuffle" :thumbup: I should be ashamed of myself !!!

Be thankful you didn't have to explain the tank...unless you already had. :thumbup:

Unless you risk arrest, stop by "The Island" and hoist a Yeungling or other beverage of your choice in memory of that very strange 1979 DCA weekend.. :thumbup:

You should have stopped by the MBI booth this weekend..I was there for most of both days.

Pat

Unless you risk arrest, stop by "The Island" and hoist a Yeungling or other beverage of your choice in memory of that very strange 1979 DCA weekend.. :tongue:

You should have stopped by the MBI booth this weekend..I was there for most of both days.

Pat

LMAO, should have remembered it was 1979. That was the year the cops found a pipe bomb on "your" end of the island a few days after Labor Day. :thumbup: Next time I go to a Harrisburg Senators (AA ball club) game I'll hoist one for MBI. It will be on the island, just the wrong end. :thumbup:

Dang, sorry I didn't know you were coming. We walked thru the souvie area and sat at the picnic tables behind the souvie area during Prelims. :thumbup: Probably went right by.

En route to finals warmup, we stopped and heard MBI's percussion warmup, obviously running a big chunk of their show.

They really were on fire in the lot, and I hope I got to tell many of the members of the percussion section that as I got to congratulate them after retreat.

You guys really floored me last night, and a huge congratulations from a very humbled member of the Buccaneers front ensemble.

The NBC affiliate in Minneapolis-St. Paul, KARE11 News, ran this story last night about MBI:

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.as...54&catid=14

There is also a 6.5-minute video feature on the corps at the above link that originally aired in 2004. A terrific video that was nominated for a regional Emmy Award for best news feature. That's a great honor in a major media market. Click and watch it! There are many moments in the video that apply to ALL All-Age corps.

Edited by Ron H

i remember people saying you have to be from the east to be at the top.

########.

MBI, as a fan, thank you for many years of awesome shows, and thank you for the two you gave me this year. you guys alone left me buzzing after prelims, and with my fondness of corps that wear black and blue, it was a shoo in sunday i'd be cheering for you.

and this show, reminded someone of 1999....Bucs were the show of the night, even if they couldnt catch brigs. well, this year, you guys were that show. congrats!!!!