Congrats to the Minnasota Brass

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all thank you to everyone for the congratulations, We appreciate it very much. Second of all, am I the first one to notice that MinnEsota is spelled wrong on the title of this thread? hahaha...

Frank, Benny, Dick, Mike, Paul, Gavin....you have all been my friends for decades, since my CHI Vanguard days. Congratulations! :thumbup:

When you win, we west of PA all win! :music:

"and in 5th place, from MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmineeeeHAWTHORNE, NEW JERSEY, THE CABALLEROS!!!!

BigDaleAK.jpg

There were a few MBI staff people sitting just below about 30 Buc's alumni. Well, by the time MBI took the field they had us all yelling for MN Brass. Great to see a new contender in DCA. It only makes the activity stronger & more entertaining.

Congrats!!!!

Hey Oldbuc, that was Brent Turner and myself. THANKS for helping us cheer on MBI. You Bucs are fun and classy. Love the pirate guy!

We also had a chance to meet Bucs staff over the weekend - Tom Moore, Carl Ruocco, Jeff Zehner, Elizabeth Fretti and others. They

are wonderful people and having met them I now know why Bucs are such a successful organization. I was also totally blown away by

the show.

Hey Oldbuc, that was Brent Turner and myself. THANKS for helping us cheer on MBI. You Bucs are fun and classy. Love the pirate guy!

We also had a chance to meet Bucs staff over the weekend - Tom Moore, Carl Ruocco, Jeff Zehner, Elizabeth Fretti and others. They

are wonderful people and having met them I now know why Bucs are such a successful organization. I was also totally blown away by

the show.

Todd:

It was a pleasure to meet you, Brent and others in the MBI family. We appreciate your stopping by and enjoyed the time we spent together. Thank you very much for your compliments about our show and our organization -- we try very hard to be excellent at both and appreciate your kind words.

I was able to see MBI both evenings and loved every minute of it, twice! Congratulations on a great year and two great performances!

Frank, Benny, Dick, Mike, Paul, Gavin....you have all been my friends for decades, since my CHI Vanguard days. Congratulations! :thumbup:

When you win, we west of PA all win! :music:

"and in 5th place, from MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmineeeeHAWTHORNE, NEW JERSEY, THE CABALLEROS!!!!

BigDaleAK.jpg

Mac:

I was just wondering...Is the picture you put here an appropriate look for you when you heard the scores as well? :music:

That beer mug is too small sir..

Pat

Congrats MBI - I can only imagine the reaction of the fans and the feeling as a member as the scores were announced.

My first DCA was in Rochester in 1996. We finished a then-best of 7th. We were right next to Empire on the field, and I can still remember their reaction as we played "Jackie" off the field that night. They were class acts all the way, and I'm sure this weekend was no different. I can't say I've had many direct dealing with them, but the few have all been positive.

Congrats again to all - wish I could have made it to a show this year.

It's about time you finished higher than the last year I marched... ;)

When Empire was announced third I looked at MBIs DMs and saw them very professionally try to hide the pleasure they had to be feeling. Then I saw the tall one in the middle look back at the corps. Couldn't see his face but got the feeling he had to be thinking "They (corps members) had #### well better still be standing at attention". The corps was showing it's class by standing at attention during this huge moment for them so kudos for that.

(Went thru this first time we beat Buccs in our history. It is tough to be still and quiet when you just want to flip out with delight.)

Jim,

It was an incredible, surreal experience on the field during the announcement of the final placement scores. Yes, it was very difficult to hide the emotions. I’ve only been involved with MBI since 2004, but to see the wellspring of emotion in the faces of all the long-time members with whom I’ve had the pleasure to march, well it was just an incredibly moving experience. I don't think many people involved with MBI got much sleep Sunday night. In fact, I'm sure about at least a dozen of them since they were in my room at the DoubleTree.

I can’t say enough about the great staff at MBI. From the Board of Directors and Caption Heads all the way through the support staff. They believed, and in the end they convinced the performing members to believe. For all that we were able to accomplish on the field performing that night, they each played a big part in all of it.

I'd personally like to thank the Renegades hornline for the fabulous warm up you had while the MBI line was stretching in preparation for our warm up. You guys sounded tremendous. I lost "Connection" a few times during our marching block warm-up because I was so captivated by what you were playing.

Mac:

I was just wondering...Is the picture you put here an appropriate look for you when you heard the scores as well? :music:

That beer mug is too small sir..

Pat

Hey Pat!

I think Frank and I were jumping in the air!!!

Yeah, small but .5 liter is much easier to handle (and mount on my music stand) than the liter mug!!! :thumbup: