Star United and the Finals Exhibition

Begin practicing? People Stop? :sleeping:

Yeah Karen, same as it ever was. It's all good though. DCA has been great and there seems plenty of room for everyone and everyone's opinions. Good times, noodle salad.

Ah yes. I'd forgotten that you highly paid professionals are practicing 24-7. :sleeping:

A very senior moment on my part.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

:sleeping: KS

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, some good, I mean evil news to come out of this thread. Good to hear. Race you to 7th place.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

A very senior moment on my part.

heh ~ those things are perfectly acceptable in these parts!

:sleeping:

Hey now...it ain't easy to make it to 7th place!!!

Strutta

Mass Brass, 7th Place 2007

You and I may not agree on alot of things John.......but on this one we do. 7th place for MB was, IMO, a serious error. Just sayin.......

Congrats again on your MCA Win.

Oh ya.......

:tongue: MCA ROCKS :blink:

Edited by melligene

Dude. To infer that we did not put out a minicorps last year because we thought it was pointless to compete against Star United is beyond idiocy. We have not put out a group every year, and last year was one of the years that we did not.

Our friends from Star United are great competitors. Like Mass Brass, Golden Eagles, Minne-Brass, T-Birds, Ghost Riders and everyone else that takes the stage. And they know it takes time and hard work - time that the Renegades honestly did not have last year.

But this year will be a different story.

Renegades will be there, and we will be ready. Ready to enjoy the company of our friends. Ready to perform for the fans. And very ready to compete for the championship.

Just like everyone else.

PS Didn't Air Force win this year?

:tongue::blink: :blink: :smile::rock::smile::rock:

duuuude, I just asked a question. I must have hit a nerve......

• 4 weeks later...
The Renegades performing next year in Mini Corps is GREAT news.

Totally. Really looking forward to what evil incarnation they bring to the stage.

:tongue:

Edited by gcsbaribc

If you mean how many people currently make at least 70% of their income from performing as a musician, not as an educator....

By my count, that number would be... Zero.

If you mean, how many people at one time or another in their life have made at least 70% of their income in a year from playing, the number rises to

Out of 21.

I have heard this argument bandied about by many folks, including people I know personally.

That we are all ringers.

Professionals.

Blast cast members.

Paid by Bill Cook.

On a mission from G-D.

Whatever...

All I know is that, the two guys in the line this year, write the fingerings in on their music, because they cannot read music.

Star United provides a high level of quality at all times from good old fashioned sweat equity.

You know, hard work.

Adherence to the program.

Member commitment.

The exact same things that all drum and bugle corps who are successful in either DCI or DCA or VFW or whatever the heck you want to call it have always done.

So for those of you who love what we do, Thanks for the accolades.

But we need to give a huge thank you to the people who flicked us off and yelled stupid crap at us during our performances.

That kind of s*%t gives us a chubby!

If we make you feel upset/uncomfortable enough to yell at us or risk your own bodily harm from flipping the bird (Hornline ogre will be dispatched).........

Then we are doing exactly what we should be doing.

For DCA. For Star. For ourselves.

See you next year!

shockandawe2007SU.jpg

Keep up the good work guys, I'm sure i can speak for the Renegades when i say it's an absolute pleasure sharing the stage with you guys. You guys are great, what can you do? If anyone has a problem with the quality of Star then show up on Friday night whip out and show em how it's done. We'll certainly try!! Travler Garvey