Drew Shanefield To Join Cavalier Design Team

Does anybody know who the program coordinator is for Cavies? Any chance Drew might take over if that person is gone?

Scott Koter.

http://www.cavaliers.org/cgi-bin/staff.pl?...person&id=1

And as far as I know, he's not going anywhere. Of course, this is silly season so you never know.

Edited by dc oldtimer

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew Shanefield was a member of the Cadets in the late 80s early 90s...he is the soprano soloist in their 91 show during the "Prelude, Fugue and Riffs" section.

Drew was actually on staff that summer (he hadnt aged out yet) but ended up performing with the corps.

I think he may have worked with the Cadets in 95 or 96 (a friend of mine marched when he was on staff there) and then taught Crown in 1997.

In 1998 he was brought into the Cavaliers to "fix" the brass... (that had been the corps weakest section historically) and he stayed on until 2000. I think he was a consultant with the Cavaliers or something along that point in 2001.

The man knows how to teach...he isnt cuddly though...but he gets results!!! It was under him that the Cavaliers took off those mezzo forte meters.

Has he ever arranged for corps before?

I too am looking forward to a "less sterile" Cavaliers brass book!!!

Good choice by the Corps!

Drew Shanefield was a member of the Cadets in the late 80s early 90s...he is the soprano soloist in their 91 show during the "Prelude, Fugue and Riffs" section.

Drew was actually on staff that summer (he hadnt aged out yet) but ended up performing with the corps.

I think he may have worked with the Cadets in 95 or 96 (a friend of mine marched when he was on staff there) and then taught Crown in 1997.

In 1998 he was brought into the Cavaliers to "fix" the brass... (that had been the corps weakest section historically) and he stayed on until 2000. I think he was a consultant with the Cavaliers or something along that point in 2001.

The man knows how to teach...he isnt cuddly though...but he gets results!!! It was under him that the Cavaliers took off those mezzo forte meters.

Has he ever arranged for corps before?

I too am looking forward to a "less sterile" Cavaliers brass book!!!

Good choice by the Corps!

he was cadets brass caption head in 1995, the year they won horns (i think they've only done so 4 times.....somewhere around there)

i think his personality has changed a lot since his time with the cavaliers.....apparently he was a lot more intense and hard on the members there than he was with the bluecoats.

he was the biggest influence/factor in the connexus show; more so than in 07 and 08, i believe (those had more of mike macintosh's influence).

he's definitely a great pickup for the cavaliers. i have a ton of respect for the man. i think his daughter is the 5th element by the way.

Apparently no "Good luck", "sorry to see you go", "we'll miss you", for Richard Saucedo, eh? As a Hoosier who has enjoyed his Carmel HS Band performances for years, I'm just curious.

Apparently no "Good luck", "sorry to see you go", "we'll miss you", for Richard Saucedo, eh? As a Hoosier who has enjoyed his Carmel HS Band performances for years, I'm just curious.
Richard Saucedo has stepped down as the brass arranger for The Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps. Richard has been an integral part of the design team for many years, and we wish to thank him for his dedication, as well as his amazing compositions. His contributions have helped to establish the Cavalier sound of this decade.

Saucedo stated, "I have resigned my position as brass arranger so that I can spend more time with my family. This will also allow me to focus more on my teaching responsibilities at Carmel High School, as well as my concert band and orchestral writing projects." He also stated "There is not a better organization for young musicians and performers anywhere on the planet!"

He has been with The Cavaliers since the year 2000 as brass arranger and composer.

We wish Richard nothing but continued success in all of his future endeavors.

Edited by Huntington Mallets

That was an earlier thread:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=117698