Rochester Review

The Alliance drum line scares me. They're good, know it, and perform their hearts out because of it. Oh, and they were 8th overall in percussion.

Well, if we want to note those kinds of things:

Alliance's guard was Top 10 as well. MCL's brass & perc were both Top 10, too.

Alliance seems like a scary corps for those lower placing Open Finalists.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've found former members can be the MOST biased reviewer. not just positively but negatively as well.

My apologies Liz, I meant a bias towards another corps.

I agree with your statement, especially when it comes to me and the first corps I marched with.

So one he picks on one thing and he is biased?

If that was true, he would only be singing praises about Bush, which you can clearly see that he doesn't.

Guys, it is one person's view. Don't get all upset. He feels one way, you guys feel another way. Such is life. Can't reach everybody. Don't try to after it's all over. Just move on and look forward to next year.

Sorry Kyle, I am not upset at all. I was just offering the OP a chance to respond to the ES member(who asked politely for clarification). I also disagreed with his review of Empire not moving around. In fact they were very active on the field. More so than some though he didn't mention them. Thats why I jumped into this discussion.

I also stated that he had praise and criticism for all corps including his own. My point was that he was inconsistent and possibly a bit biased against Empire. Thats my right to say as a fan and member of the DCP community.

If you are going to submit a detailed review like he did of course people will respond and no they are not always upset and fire back at the OP.

i would like to apolagize for a commet left on my sn its was not me and i am sorry to empire if it affended someone. i belive empire had a great show and a great season. To my bush family i apologize for that person and i would never do something like that thank you and have a great off season to all the dca corps

Edited by bushbari

Renegades: I have always liked watching this corps. They are fun and loud. And as a horn player, I have always appreciated their abundance of talent. But here is my criticism, they were dirty as hell and it seemed as if they were going out of their way not to compete. This corps could contend every year if they wanted to, but it almost seems that they don't want to. I know I'm going to get a ton of responses to this review, and that's fine. They have the talent, they have the size, but they don't put together a show that could win it all. It just wasn't clean enough, especially the feet. Nor was it designed to win. I expected more after a few years. It's like they've stopped evolving.

As a marching member of the 2008 Renegades... I appreciate the honest review. I cant comment on the brass comments because I am a snare player and I honestly thought our hornline did a hell of a job and came a long way from the beginning of the season. But what I can comment on is the show designed.

Everytime I watch a recording of our performances I put myself in audience mode and just watching the show with no previous knowledge of what it is supposed to be... I can't figure out what the show is supposed to be/represent either. I am in no way bad mouthing our staff either... they would never design a show that they would not intend to be competitive. But from the beginning of the season they had an idea and the final product was just not realized do to various reasons. They did the best they could with what they were dealt. From a music and drill stand point the show was fun as hell to perform... marching in the snareline we were playing and running non-stop... it was a blast.

All though we did not place as high as we would have liked to... we did enjoy ourselves and we have a pretty strong core of new people to the corps that plan on returning next year. So trust me when I say we want to be competitive and would never spend the time and money if we did not want to compete. I have full confidence that the design staff will come up with something for us next year that will make us more competitive. You are right... we definately have the talent and execution to place alot higher... I think a product tweak will aid in being more competitive... we are supposed to be getting new uniforms next year too, which could add alittle more to the change!

I really can't swallow the whole "ES not moving" thing. It was quite obvious that they did. The Sing, Sing, Sing portion as I remember was the only moment they had a lot of standing. It's confusing that you would criticize ES, and neglect to mention that Reading barely moved during large segments of time.

165 HA BUSH MARCHED AT 186 BEATS PER MIN 165 IS NOTHING TO WHAT THE BUSHWACKERS DID THIS SEASON

Maybe you shouldn't be posting on DCP. This kind of comment isn't very Bushwacker-like of you, sir.

Do your talking on the field.

i would like to apolagize for a commet left on my sn its was not me and i am sorry to empire if it affended someone. i belive empire had a great show and a great season. To my bush family i apologize for that person and i would never do something like that thank you and have a great off seanson to all the dca corps

:) Always log out when you're done.

i would like to apolagize for a commet left on my sn its was not me and i am sorry to empire if it affended someone. i belive empire had a great show and a great season. To my bush family i apologize for that person and i would never do something like that thank you and have a great off season to all the dca corps

Thank god I dont let the corps compete in spelling bee's in the off season. :sad: