Pre-amplification talking and singing

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know exactly what VK was saying at the beginning of 92. I apologize if this has been discussed before.

If memory serves they sing "We love to fly and it shows."

Can't remember the airline, but it was their motto/jingle and as VK's show that year was Magical Mystery Tour it fits.

* edit: it was Delta, and here's a link to a commercial with the jingle: http://www.aviationpast.com/DLCOM4.html

Edited by perc2100

Bluecoats 1988 - drumline said "Give me Head" in spanish during the Take 5 drum solo.

In 85 on first tour we did a vocal "Amen" in gospel style at the end of "Simon Zealots."

VK did some chanting in their drum solos in 84 and 88.

Hmmm, never did like talking on the field, still don’t

Then why bother posting in the thread?

If memory serves they sing "We love to fly and it shows."

Can't remember the airline, but it was their motto/jingle and as VK's show that year was Magical Mystery Tour it fits.

* edit: it was Delta, and here's a link to a commercial with the jingle: http://www.aviationpast.com/DLCOM4.html

I believe it was also a reference to the Cadets show that year ("To Tame the Perilous Skies")

Anybody ever actually translate the "scat" in Spirit's '86 opener?

In 85 on first tour we did a vocal "Amen" in gospel style at the end of "Simon Zealots."

There was also "We have no king but Caesar!" from the Knights' 85 drum solo, which, I later found out, sounded to many folks in the stands like "We'll have a kick butt season!".

And of course, the lead soprano line's '84 drum solo chant: "Boola Boola Ungga Ungga Ow Ow Oooi". (I have to wonder how many neurons have been devoted to storing that important bit of trivia for the last 25 years.)

Edited by Willie85