Covering up Corps Performing

Brawny

madison was pretty bad this year for hearing things from outside the stadium. and it wasnt really the show off cadences, it was more of the simple warm ups that were just 8ths? a constant repetitive banging coming from the lot over powering the smaller open/all age corps was kind of annoying. i feel bad for the corps that could hear the straight beat and confuse it with the tempo theyre supposed to play.

but when the lines started playing interesting beats it was nice to hear sometimes during the time between corps.

In my opionion, NO corps' warmup is more important than another corps' performance.....period. If it is audible, than it is disruptive. Monitoring using cell phones, and assigning severe penalties for non-compliance, would end this issue, which has not been properly addressed by DCI.

GB

I'm not getting old anymore. I AM old. When I marched you couldn't TOUCH an instrument while another corps was on the field.

so I sat directly on the 50 yard line 4 rows in front of the judges for championships this year. all during quarterfinals i could hear the gockblocks from the guards practicing on the grassy knoll. I thought to myself "dont worry about it, theyll fix it for tomorrow night." Friday at semis sure enough there goes the gockblock again all during the shows. how the judges werent concerned was beyond me. you could hear it louder then the ballads on the field. I had enough! I missed a corps show walked down to the DCI "VIP" trailer and told them how bad it was and how everyone in my section was annoyed by it. they told me that no one had brought this to their attention before me...are you serious? the judges couldnt hear that? To the reps from DCIs' credit they did get on the phone and resolve the problem shortly after.

Edited by GREENBLUE