9/11 Tribute on DCP

As it always does, brings me to tears.

Thanks DCP for this slide show!

I vividly remember being on the field teaching the marching band. My boss came out and said America is being attacked. Of course I couldn't believe it. At the end of rehearsal, I went to my car and turned on the radio and heard the reports. As soon as I got home after morning rehearsal I turned on the TV and saw the towers fall. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was filled with anger towards those that did this and concern for the people in the towers.

The next week was very odd. Our rehearsal site is under the flight path for John Wayne Airport. Not hearing the usual moring cummuter flights going overhead was very erie.

I hate that the terrorists succeded in their goal. They destroyed most of their targets, and left fear behind. A fear that is now ranked by a colored "Threat Level" and a fear that has us being practically strip searched before we can travel. Terrorism is about fear. I hate that they succeded in planting the seed of fear in the United States of America.

God Bless the families that are reminded of the empty spots in their hearts on this day every year;

God Bless our Troops that defend us every day of every year;

God Bless the United States of America

God Bless the families that are reminded of the empty spots in their hearts on this day every year;

VERY well said!

Thanks DCP for this slide show!

I hate that the terrorists succeded in their goal. They destroyed most of their targets, and left fear behind. A fear that is now ranked by a colored "Threat Level" and a fear that has us being practically strip searched before we can travel. Terrorism is about fear. I hate that they succeded in planting the seed of fear in the United States of America.

This couldn't have been said any better. Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it more than you know.

I remember this day very vividy...My freshman year of high school, I was sitting in earth science. Another teacher came running into the room and whispered something to our teacher. I'll never forget the look of fright and horror on his face as he went over to turn on the tv. We couldn't believe what we were watching. We just sat there watching as the planes hit the towers, and as the towers fell. No one said a word. We just sat and stared in disbelief. The rest of the day seemed almost like a bad dream that I kept waiting to wake up from. We even had marching band practice after school that day, and it was very hard for anyone to fully focus on the rehearsal knowing what had happened. Its hard to believe that it has been seven years.

Thanks again to Fran (SassyMama) for putting this together, originally for the 1-year anniversary ... and the Madison Scouts for allowing us to use their music.

Thanks John. It was one of the ways that I could give back then. Sort of like the gift that keeps on giving. When I get down or think that *I* am having a bad time, I'll pull out the link and watch it. It puts my thoughts back into perspective. As Lisa mentioned in a different thread, each time she sees it, a different picture will impact her. I totally understand.

I'm grateful to DCP that you continue to remember, and not forget.

When I get down or think that *I* am having a bad time, I'll pull out the link and watch it. It puts my thoughts back into perspective. As Lisa mentioned in a different thread, each time she sees it, a different picture will impact her. I totally understand.

I do the same thing, Mom.

Thanks for the use of the pics again, as well. As long as I am able, they'll always come out for one day.

As I sit here with tears in my eyes I will never forget that day in 2001. I was at work in a dialysis unit in NJ. I was not feeling well and wanted to go home but when the attack hit all the nurses on staff were glued to the patients tv's ( only they had sound). We hung near the only radio in the unit and those of us kept walking to the waiting room listing to the news. I worked with alot of people who were on work visa's and that had no idea of the impact of what had just happened.My mother called the unit something she has never done and told me we were under attack! We were not allowed to leave the unit for some time until we knew they did not need us in North Jersey or NY city.We were under the disaster plan set up in NJ. My shift ended at 3pm and we were allowed to leave at 5 or so as long as the hospital had our cell numbers and a contact number just in case we were needed to help those victims. On my way home I got on the NJ turnpike at at exit 4 to drive a short distance to exit 3 and on the north bound side 30 or more ambulances were traveling North with their lights on. I was the only person on the south bound side and not other vehicles were on the north except the emergency trucks. Needless to say my whole drive home at rush hour was a lonely ride and a tearful one at that. I remember getting home and watching the tv and being glued to the set for weeks to see if any body was found yet. Later that night I remember seeing American flags everywhere. I soon had one up at our house.

The oddest part was living near Phila Airport all my life and now for the first time no air noise it was weird. Just and occasional fighter jet overhead. To me this is the Pearl Harbor of our time. I WILL NEVER FORGET THE FEELINGS I FELT AND HOW OUR GREAT COUNTRY REACTED. Now some do not even give it a second thought. It could happen again. If we let our guard down.

I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN. BORN AND BRED.

Thank DCP for allowing us to watch this every year so the younger generation never forgets.

Thanks a lot to the OP for starting this thread.

I was home on my fourth day of leave right across the Hudson from The City and had just celebrated my 1 year mark in the Navy. I was lying on the living room sofa sleeping when my grandmother came out of the room screaming about how there was a fire in the WTC. The thing that always saddens me about this anniversary is that my brother and I had planned to go to the WTC observation deck that morning. I woke up and looked outside of her balcony where she had a great view of the city. I thought I was having a nightmare. I was brought to tears immediately when I saw a speck in the sky flying closer and closer to the second tower and then a huge fireball. My heart dropped immediately after I realized this was a terrorist attack. My entire family knew that we were going to war. I was called back to my ship and we went underway at 1600.

This is all I can write so far because I am getting choked up.