Are you used to it yet?

I must disagree....i was VERY happy Regiment won with the 08 show...even if it WAS at the expense of my Blue Devils.

After so MANY years of coming oh so close...always the bridesmaid....kissing their sister in 96..."We march with Phantom 'cause we like 4th place", etc, they finally got their own title with a show that will live up there with 86 BD, 87 SCV/Garfield, etc.

I stood and yelled "SUTA!" at the top of my lungs when I saw the show in the theaters...I watched with wonder the reactions of the staff during the encore run when the AUDIENCE joined in on the "I am Spartacus" yell (should've downloaded it before it got pulled from YouTube)...I was thrilled by the otherworldly crowd response to the placing accouncement.

I am still not used to seeing Regiment on top....it will take some time only because it's such a novelty...but I am glad to finally see them there.

Stop trying to minimize their accomplishment....beating BD is never an easy feat....Regiment earned the win.

The only travesty is people who can't accepta corps other than their fave winning.

Thank you!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biggest travesty this decade in drum corps, ###.

don't be a tool.

Thanks for the polite clarification.

My point, which perhaps would have made differently with less sleep deprivation, is that there's a huge difference between personal disappointment and travesty.

Everyone's favorite corps or show (or either they believe should win) just doesn't win all the time.

I guess that's why there is more than one judge adjudicating at a time.

Edited by Michael Boo

I must disagree....i was VERY happy Regiment won with the 08 show...even if it WAS at the expense of my Blue Devils.

After so MANY years of coming oh so close...always the bridesmaid....kissing their sister in 96..."We march with Phantom 'cause we like 4th place", etc, they finally got their own title with a show that will live up there with 86 BD, 87 SCV/Garfield, etc.

I stood and yelled "SUTA!" at the top of my lungs when I saw the show in the theaters...I watched with wonder the reactions of the staff during the encore run when the AUDIENCE joined in on the "I am Spartacus" yell (should've downloaded it before it got pulled from YouTube)...I was thrilled by the otherworldly crowd response to the placing accouncement.

I am still not used to seeing Regiment on top....it will take some time only because it's such a novelty...but I am glad to finally see them there.

Stop trying to minimize their accomplishment....beating BD is never an easy feat....Regiment earned the win.

The only travesty is people who can't accepta corps other than their fave winning.

Thank you!!! My point at several other times EXACTLY. BD wins? They've deserved it. Cavies win? They've deserved it. I've said it for others, and now I get to say...

...Sam Signorelli--proving that an objective opinion/voice DOES exist out there. My new hero.

Key in on Sam's FIRST and LAST sentences, guys. Again...well stated, sire.

I personally didn't think Phantom Regiment was that amazing. I think it was just the emotions put through the horns.

So Phantom Regiment's horns were amazing? :thumbup:

So Phantom Regiment's horns were amazing? :thumbup:

No just fan-flood design in terms of the music selections and arrangements.

The show itself isn't anything different than 2005, 2006, 2007. Character-based shows, specifically with the Guard as primary role players and the hornline as secondary ambiance. After watching the bootlegs, Phantom really didn't do anything beyond their concepts and expressions as they did in Faust.

It's definitely no Medea or The Zone. Doesn't mean it has to be as out there

......Everyone's favorite corps or show (or either they believe should win) just doesn't win all the time.....

Wellll......unless you're a fair weather fan and always jump on the bandwagon after scores have been announced.

In all honesty.....moreso this year than in any of the "we have a tie" years, that the top two corps - regardless of score, appeared to be in a "tie" situation. I think in other "tie" years - there were things that were blatantly obvious to prevent a tie.

I was not wanting to see Devils get their umpeenth title. But unfortunately, they had the BEST show on the field finals night. Blue Devils won that night, regardless of what 9 people wearing green and khaki say. As has been proven many times this year, the judges haven't been in the game all season long.

However this year it has been pointed out to us on so many occasions.

Phantom had a very good show. A championship show, it wasn't, but it was a very good show.

Other than the win at all costs Phantom Phaithful, I think when most people receive those dvd's they'll certainly see what they were too blind to see that Saturday night, that Blue Devils were the TRUE 2008 DCI CHAMPIONS. I was there and I knew. I think most of the people around me knew, but no one that I know of was hoping for BD to win. Most people are so jealous or envious of BD that any change is a relief, even if the corps crowned champion didn't honestly deserve it.

And you have to admit, a good share of Phantom formers make up a larger than average share on this boards. I would say that Phantom is the most represesnted corps on these boards, with Madison a distant second.