The top 4 in 2008 finals

En929

I was wondering how many of you were at the drum corp. 2008 finals? I was there, and I was wondering after seeing the performance, who thought that the top 4 should have actually ran down as follows:

1. Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils

3. Phantom Regiment

4. Carolina Crown

As opposed to:

1. Phantom Regiment

2. Blue Devils

3. Cavaliers

4. Carolina Crown

Everybody that I was around was saying the same thing, that the top 4 should have been arranged like this.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering how many of you were at the drum corp. 2008 finals? I was there, and I was wondering after seeing the performance, who thought that the top 4 should have actually ran down as follows:

1. Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils

3. Phantom Regiment

4. Carolina Crown

As opposed to:

1. Phantom Regiment

2. Blue Devils

3. Cavaliers

4. Carolina Crown

Everybody that I was around was saying the same thing, that the top 4 should have been arranged like this.

Were you sitting in a section wearing a lot of green?

I was there. I thought 1 vs. 2 was very, very tight, and actually thought that BD would take the top slot based on performance. I thought Cavaliers and Crown were right where they should have been though, and maybe even that there should have been greater gaps between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

1. Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils

3. Phantom Regiment

4. Carolina Crown

[sNIP]

That outcome was about as likely as picking the Top 12 order out of a hat: 1 in 479,001,600.

1. PR

2. BD

3. CAVS

4. Cadets

5. Crown

1. PR

2. BD

3. CAVS

4. Cadets

5. Crown

agree with cadets beating crown. but i actually would have had it like this..

1. BD

2. Cavs

3. PR

4. Cadets

5. crown

BD was clean (the cleanest) and the show was reeking with style and attitude, as usual. Same with The Cavaliers. Of course I thought Phantom was good but just slightly under the level of those two

After watching finals, I thought Blue Devils should have won it, absolutely no question.

I thought Cavaliers were probably the 2nd best overall

Phantom should have just edged Crown for 3rd place, with Crown 4th.

There wasn't anyone around our group who didn't think Blue Devils had it locked up. The only caption Phantom should have beaten them in was percussion. The only captions Phantom should have beaten Cavies in were percussion, and possibly music GE.

Blue Devils and Cavaliers both put on championship caliber shows, and Phantom and Crown were just slightly behind.

Yeah Cavies had a solid show but it wasn't nearly as exciting as BD or even Phantom. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Cavies show but it wasn't the best.

And.....if you think that Phantom didn't deserve to win its either because you are

a) a BD fan, and obviously ######

b) a Cavie fan who maybe enjoys the visual aspect more than anything in DCI

c) a person without any emotions.

or

d) you just don't care for Phantom shows

Seriously Phantom sold that show and it was pure artistry out there with a great story line.

1. PR

2. BD

3. CAVS

4. Crown

5. Cadets

Edited by Perry S