THE defining thing that won Regiment a championship!

this is the defining thing that pushed phantom into the winners circle this year...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...;hl=blue+devils

:laugh::worthy::thumbup:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some posts on other threads pretty much covered the defining thing that helped Phantom clinch their win.

The fact that DCI is not stupid, and realize that one of the key factors in their income was suffering from extremely stupid management and about to go bankrupt. Phantom is a huge draw, as they had probably more than any other alumni in the audience at finals this year. And with finals being in Indy, DCI realizes how much they have to gain by making sure Phantom stays around.

And while other years there has been some debate on which of the top 2 corps actually deserved the win, this is the first year that the very obviously 3rd place corps has won the title.

I would almost bet if SCV were run as badly as Phantom was in the next year, they would probably be sitting with the next title, whether or not they deserved it. DCI knows their top money making corps are SCV, BD, Cavaliers, Cadets, Phantom Regiment, and Madison Scouts. The big difference with Madison is that they still bring people to the shows even if they aren't in contention for finalist. Most people would rather watch the 15th place Madison show than they years when Phantom came in 7th and 8th.

Good call DCI to save your own tail. Defining factor in Phantom 95.15....whoops I mean 98.15.

I think some posts on other threads pretty much covered the defining thing that helped Phantom clinch their win.

The fact that DCI is not stupid, and realize that one of the key factors in their income was suffering from extremely stupid management and about to go bankrupt. Phantom is a huge draw, as they had probably more than any other alumni in the audience at finals this year. And with finals being in Indy, DCI realizes how much they have to gain by making sure Phantom stays around.

And while other years there has been some debate on which of the top 2 corps actually deserved the win, this is the first year that the very obviously 3rd place corps has won the title.

I would almost bet if SCV were run as badly as Phantom was in the next year, they would probably be sitting with the next title, whether or not they deserved it. DCI knows their top money making corps are SCV, BD, Cavaliers, Cadets, Phantom Regiment, and Madison Scouts. The big difference with Madison is that they still bring people to the shows even if they aren't in contention for finalist. Most people would rather watch the 15th place Madison show than they years when Phantom came in 7th and 8th.

Good call DCI to save your own tail. Defining factor in Phantom 95.15....whoops I mean 98.15.

what a load of conspiracy theory nonsense,-

wow, he is at it again....

I was thinking WTF when I read this... but then I saw who the poster was and it made sense.

Edited by general_tso_chicken53

Hey, I heard there were secret signals delivered by text message to the phans to intimidate the judges and mob the sidelines if they didn't get their way - - and I even heard that a severed horse head was placed in Dan Acheson's bed . . . :thumbup:

They won fair and square. Get over it.

Hey, I heard there were secret signals delivered by text message to the phans to intimidate the judges and mob the sidelines if they didn't get their way - - and I even heard that a severed horse head was placed in Dan Acheson's bed . . . :thumbup:

They won fair and square. Get over it.

wrong, Rick Valenzuela has ties with the Mafia, and if Blue Devils or anybody else besides phantom won that night, the judges would have paid with their knee caps.

lol

The right panel.

I should be clear and say that's not a slam at all, but sometimes, that's what it comes down to. Staff members from a few other corps were able to look at the slate a few days before and guess (correctly) that this year, with the top three being tight, if PR came out with the right performance, Regiment could very well take it. They had a great show, and got the right people in green shirts to see it, and got the points they deserved.

That is sometimes how the game goes. It has for 50 some odd years, and it's generally worked out fine.

Edited by mobrien

What specifically do you wanna hear about? Finals in general is quite a large topic, there is just so much that could be talked about. If had more time I could write a novel about the season and performing this show, but I dont, at least not right now lol.

I can say that it was one of the most special moments of my life and I will remember it FOREVER. The energy of the corps, the energy of the crowd, the crowd reaction from "I AM SPARTACUS" to the end (getting goosebumps just thinking about it). It's all something that will stay with me my whole lifetime.

I cant remember the last time I actually listened to our show, but I know it's been a longggg time. I havent seen the show since I got to watch our performance at San Antonio. I think Ill just wait till the DVD comes out....

Thank you for the reply. I think I was just hoping to live a little vicariously through descriptions of what it was like - just like you gave. Thanks. :thumbup:

I know that I didn't listen to the shows I marched in for months after the season was over. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I needed some decompression time.

I'm still not convinced it should have won. I never paid much attention to the visual program because it didn't do much for me. Same with the theatrics. But, it's my favorite music program and performance of the 2000s pretty easily, and I'm happy they got a ring for it. I hope it's a harbinger of things to come for DCI.