Bushwackers Open House

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well seeing it's off of 95 in Elizabeth, then we're right near the airport too!!!! So anyone that wants to fly in, I'm sure we can arrange a pick up. :worthy:

Yes, the large contingent we have from Indonesia and the Cote D'Ivorie is much happier now.

:worthy:

But fo' real...come out to the Open House!!! Any talent level, any experience level, any race, any age, any gender, any size, and any sexual preference is welcome!

That's the Bushwackers - a mix of everything out there, all striving for a common goal - to march, play, and spin together, to do those things well, and have fun doing it. 2009 is going to be CRAZY good.

We even welcome flute players.

Yes, really. :worthy:

Edited by bumo27

Here's the flyer I came up with for the Open House - feel free to print it and give it out to your friends! The more the merrier!!

BushOpenHouseFlyer2009copy-1.png

love the coloring and the shading in the background Chris ~ only suggestion would be to put more emphasis on darker colors/shadings on the wording to make it pop more.

maybe it's the shrinkage, but it does seem a tad fuzzy.

love the coloring and the shading in the background Chris ~ only suggestion would be to put more emphasis on darker colors/shadings on the wording to make it pop more.

maybe it's the shrinkage, but it does seem a tad fuzzy.

Thanks for the feedback, Liz! It actually looks better when it's 8 1/2 X 11 - it IS the shrinkage.

"The water I saw swimming in was very cold..." $1 to George Costanza

i guessed that due to the flyer for the Bridgemen's pasta dinner. had the same problem with that here too. DCp shrinkage sucks. :shutup:

That's right! 2 months from today.

The Bushwackers is something that simply needs to be experienced. I could try to explain what makes us cool or why someone like myself would have spent 13 years in the same organization...I could try to explain our philosophies and our program...I could try to show you the changes that we're making to improve the entire operation...I could attempt to give you a description of the dedication of our members and the work ethic (and "play" ethic) of one of the most successful corps in DCA history...

...but I can't. I mean, I will if you want me to...but you're better off coming and checking us out. Come once and you'll get a little snapshot. Stay the summer, and your eyes will open.

If you like drum corps...if you like being a rock star bada**...if you enjoy working hard with a group of people pushing and working just as hard as you, you owe it to yourself to check us out.

As we proved finals weekend, rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated. The Bushwackers are as strong as ever, and are planning another entertaining, fun, challenging program like 2008. We're putting the finishing touches on a world class staff that is dedicated 100% to giving our members a world class, championship caliber experience.

You are the last piece of our puzzle.

bushbrass@gmail.com for info, or PM me here and I'll give you my phone number.

Be Bush.

BW09

That's right! 2 months from today.

The Bushwackers is something that simply needs to be experienced. I could try to explain what makes us cool or why someone like myself would have spent 13 years in the same organization...I could try to explain our philosophies and our program...I could try to show you the changes that we're making to improve the entire operation...I could attempt to give you a description of the dedication of our members and the work ethic (and "play" ethic) of one of the most successful corps in DCA history...

...but I can't. I mean, I will if you want me to...but you're better off coming and checking us out. Come once and you'll get a little snapshot. Stay the summer, and your eyes will open.

If you like drum corps...if you like being a rock star bada**...if you enjoy working hard with a group of people pushing and working just as hard as you, you owe it to yourself to check us out.

As we proved finals weekend, rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated. The Bushwackers are as strong as ever, and are planning another entertaining, fun, challenging program like 2008. We're putting the finishing touches on a world class staff that is dedicated 100% to giving our members a world class, championship caliber experience.

You are the last piece of our puzzle.

bushbrass@gmail.com for info, or PM me here and I'll give you my phone number.

Be Bush.

BW09

I know, 2 months will fly by! I can't believe it's already October.

13 years already? You were a baby back then Chris! lol As was I... ok maybe a teenager for me. :shutup:

Chris you put it so well when it's hard to explain what it's like being a Bushwacker. It's inexplicable, you have to experience it to understand it.