Staff members

With tons and tons of staff changes this year, got me wondering, which directors and other staff members have been with the same corps for the longest lengths of time? It doesn't matter if they have changed positions with the corps, but who has been with their corps the longest?

I am guessing Roman, Gibbs, and Hoppy are in the top10 somewhere?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With tons and tons of staff changes this year, got me wondering, which directors and other staff members have been with the same corps for the longest lengths of time? It doesn't matter if they have changed positions with the corps, but who has been with their corps the longest?

I am guessing Roman, Gibbs, and Hoppy are in the top10 somewhere?

Wayne Downey, BD? Just a guess.

I'm sure Mr. Warren wins for longest with one corps, but...

Dan Richardson has been a marching member, instructor, director, program coordinator, board member, program advisor since Phantom Regiment's founding in 1956. I believe there was 1 year he wasn't involved in any way. Currently, he's on the board of directors and serves as an advisor to the design team.

Jim Wren has been involved as long... First as a marching member, then instructor and brass arranger from 1956-1999. He's been on the board of directors since 2000.

Dan Farrell started marching in 1970 and has been involved nearly every year since. He's served a couple stints as program coordinator with the current one starting in 2001. He also was coordinator from 1993-97.

I'm guessing, though, that the OP is wondering who has the longest active tenure as an instructor or designer with one organization. I'm not sure who that would be, but I would guess Wayne Downey or Rick Odello.

I'm thinking that BD probably has the staff that has been in place for the longest time - and I do believe that this is one of the elements that make them successful.

When they do have a bad year in one caption (like 07 when they took 4th in guard) they don't fire the caption head (and look - they took 1st in guard this year). The staff is allowed to grow and learn.

BD is one of the only corps that I never expect to see "staff announcements and changes" on after DCI finals.

Later,

Mike

Dan Farrell started marching in 1970 and has been involved nearly every year since. He's served a couple stints as program coordinator with the current one starting in 2001. He also was coordinator from 1993-97.

Curious...who took honors for program coordinator in Lord Vader's sabbatical? (name uttered with all respect due)