The Myths of Drum Corps

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the signs to look for ??

As my doctor has explained, you actually feel these spots before you see them. They're tiny (about the size of a pinhead), slightly raised rough patches. When they start acting up, they turn a pinkish-red and look sort of like a pimple, except they don't heal. So that's the thing to look for; anything that stays red, has that rough feel and doesn't heal the way it should needs to be checked out. I've had three different spots that have looked that way this year; one on the top of each hand and then another on my forehead. My doctor froze all three, killing that layer of skin cells. Hopefully that takes care of it. But of course there are no guarantees.

One of those "if I knew then what I know now" scenarios.

The good thing is that these are very slow-growing, so at least we have plenty of time if we get them taken care of early. The freezing now is mainly a pre-emptive strike. I used to think the only thing I needed to watch was anything that looked like a mole; those have the potential to be melanomas. These others are linked to the less dangerous basal and squamous cell carcinomas. But because they can eventually lead to skin cancer, they need to be monitored.

Edited by byline

- The Madison Scout's have a "naked rehearsal" run through of their show somewhere

don't know if they still do it but this was a confirmed fact in my day!

I once heard that drum corps was a youth activity and not discussion foder for grumpy old men on internet forums....

Any truth behind this :worthy: :worthy:

Vicious, stinkin' lies!! Darned youngins'... Edited by VOReason

Madonna marched Bridgemen.

Actually the Bridgemen marched Madonna

Actually the Bridgemen marched Madonna

"Like a virgin... touched for the very first time - yeah TODAY maybe!!!"

27 cents to Judy Tenuta

:shutup:

"Getting Fresh":

The 1971 Scouts pledged not to "Get Fresh" with "Alice" (Director Bill Howards daughter). :thumbup:

Elphaba

As my doctor has explained, you actually feel these spots before you see them. They're tiny (about the size of a pinhead), slightly raised rough patches. When they start acting up, they turn a pinkish-red and look sort of like a pimple, except they don't heal. So that's the thing to look for; anything that stays red, has that rough feel and doesn't heal the way it should needs to be checked out. I've had three different spots that have looked that way this year; one on the top of each hand and then another on my forehead. My doctor froze all three, killing that layer of skin cells. Hopefully that takes care of it. But of course there are no guarantees.

One of those "if I knew then what I know now" scenarios.

The good thing is that these are very slow-growing, so at least we have plenty of time if we get them taken care of early. The freezing now is mainly a pre-emptive strike. I used to think the only thing I needed to watch was anything that looked like a mole; those have the potential to be melanomas. These others are linked to the less dangerous basal and squamous cell carcinomas. But because they can eventually lead to skin cancer, they need to be monitored.

Oh, here she goes, 'jacking the thread with meaningful, fact-based, content again. Hey, this isn't the CBC ... Facts have no place in this thread (or most U.S. news media.) :shutup: