Jim Ott's Music

Bonnie (Ott) Thompson, the sister of Jim Ott (of Commodores, Blue Devils and Spirit of Atlanta fame), has been gathering and cataloging all of Jim's music.

If you have any of Jim's music (scores OR individual parts), please contact me, so we can make the collection as complete as possible.

THANK YOU in advance!

(NOTE TO MODERATORS: this is a duplicate post of one in the DCI forum, but there may be people who only read the DCA forum, hence the duplication!)

Bonnie (Ott) Thompson, the sister of Jim Ott (of Commodores, Blue Devils and Spirit of Atlanta fame), has been gathering and cataloging all of Jim's music.

If you have any of Jim's music (scores OR individual parts), please contact me, so we can make the collection as complete as possible.

THANK YOU in advance!

(NOTE TO MODERATORS: this is a duplicate post of one in the DCI forum, but there may be people who only read the DCA forum, hence the duplication!)

Jeff, PM Garry Parker (Crunchy Tenor)....I believe he has some of the charts, since we played "Walk Him up the Stairs" in 02 Dream.

I have the following:

"Home" from the Wiz, arranged for BD 1978

"Malaguena" arranged for Madison 1980

"They're Playing Our Song" arranged for Madison 1980

Also, the version of Aranjuez we have been using for years was originally arranged by Jim.

Jeff, I did have the Naval Hymn on floppy!

There's another thread floating around about what would Renegades fans like to see them play in '09. A Jim Ott retrospective would be cool, as I don't think much of what he wrote would seem dated today, especially at a senior level.

I'd love to hear Chase the Clouds Away one more time on a drum corps field.

Oh well, just a thought.

Jim Arranged for the Cabs in 1980, having been in the corps only a few years in 1980 I was not privy to where all of the arrangements came from. I know he did "Malaguena" & Evita, I will see if we still have the charts.

We only had a few wonderful months with Jim before we lost him to the auto accident.

One of my all time best drum corps experience was at our first winter camp in 80. Jim came in for the weekend, We were getting ready to play Flamenco cha cha and Jim stop Jimmy Russo from starting the tune. He picked up a baritone ran into line stood between John Devlin and myself to play the second baritone parts of Flamenco. After we were done he was grinning from ear to ear, He told me it was his life long dream to play that number with the Caballeros

Jim Arranged for the Cabs in 1980, having been in the corps only a few years in 1980 I was not privy to where all of the arrangements came from. I know he did "Malaguena" & Evita, I will see if we still have the charts.

We only had a few wonderful months with Jim before we lost him to the auto accident.

One of my all time best drum corps experience was at our first winter camp in 80. Jim came in for the weekend, We were getting ready to play Flamenco cha cha and Jim stop Jimmy Russo from starting the tune. He picked up a baritone ran into line stood between John Devlin and myself to play the second baritone parts of Flamenco. After we were done he was grinning from ear to ear, He told me it was his life long dream to play that number with the Caballeros

Geez Al... his lifelong dream was to stand between you and John Devlin? Why didn't he just stick his head in a running 747 engine? Same aural effect. John, anyway.

(before you get po'ed - I'm kidding - John and I go way back - I accidentally hit him square in the forehead with a flag pole in 1976. I think it might have resulted in his joining Cabs. (a little brain damaged, I believe.) (kidding again - mostly) :withstupid:

There's another thread floating around about what would Renegades fans like to see them play in '09. A Jim Ott retrospective would be cool, as I don't think much of what he wrote would seem dated today, especially at a senior level.

I'd love to hear Chase the Clouds Away one more time on a drum corps field.

That would be awesome!

Fran